Please post your OT hiphop futurebeats lofi trip hop and boom bap here!

Thanks so much!

Ayyyee Salute! Dope beat!
It’s cool inspiring a fellow artist, and thanks for posting that my videos assisted you in making an Elektron purchase. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s another beat from the Quarenteenager sessions.
I’m realeasing a new mixtape featuring all the beats I’ve been making on the Octatrack during quarantine. I’ll post a link here next week when I release it.

7 Likes

I use Octatrack heavily to come with fresh ideas for my band Makings. This track Tingle Town was mostly composed by the non elektron band memebers, but thought i’d post anyway as I think it’s a fine hip-hop tune :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am not sure this qualifies, but the bit crushed drums once they hit reminded me of this thread…

75 BPM

Just a nice, intense, backing track thing?

4 Likes

well. chillhope is contagious thing :slight_smile: here’s another tune, more complex

4 Likes

Its amazing what you are doing with these machines!

2 Likes

Loving those industrial crunchy noises. Great job! And whatever macros you’ve got set up on the fader are sublime :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That is fantastic! I would love to hear some storytelling rapper flow over the top of that. More please!

1 Like

thanks for comments. my setup as usual: OT+A4+Beatstep Pro+Mainstage. recently found myself by diggin’ into A4 to make smooth gentle bass sound. currently i’m sampling material for next several tunes. it’s quite difficult to make lofi with some story, not just 2mins of repeating loops. and yes, there’s big problem with vocalist or singer here, in my town. nobody loves chillhop :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah, I hear you. It can be hard to find a good vocalist. It works without one anyway!

2 Likes

I got real lucky on the xfader. Mostly SRR (lofi) to the left for the THRU machine and on the waveform it’s just base on the filter (moving to the right) with max distortion and low width. The distortion on the OT is quite beefy. Really got me by surprise!

Crunchyness is nice sometimes :upside_down_face:

1 Like

You’re speaking my language. I think Lofi is my most used FX on OT. I was a fan of DT’s BRR, but having SRR and a nice distortion right there on the same page is brilliant.

1 Like

Really like your work. Followed on SC :+1:t3:

Nice work. Followed on SC

Closing days before the return of the capitalist loop de loop…
Really loving the space I get with the OTO BIM and Quadraverb combo. It’s used here on the OT’s cue outs and the Korg.
Peace and love!
Thanks for watching

10 Likes

Found your channel on YT and Streaming mix tapes. Really like your work and approach. Keep it up - Gandalf Jedi funk stylee :mage:t5:

1 Like

V v v nice! Great jam. I would totally have an album of stuff like this on repeat :heart_eyes:

Thanks a lot!
I’ve been using the OT for a little over a year and I really love it, It’s the sampler that inspired me to approach sampling from a totally new perspective. The learning curve was a bit steep, but it’s well worth investing a little time learning it. I still have so much more to discover.

1 Like

Cool! Thanks a lot for checking out my work.
More to come for sure…
I pretty much post daily on youtube and Instagram.