Please post your OT hiphop futurebeats lofi trip hop and boom bap here!

another winner! great sights+sounds.

:v::ringer_planet: Noted. Haha! Thanks!
Maybe I can put something together something like that.

1 Like

:raised_hands: feeling that hospitality.
Hoping I get the courage to bring the camera out with me once this cools down. I don’t have much of a problem bringing the Manual Film SLR’s for stills but the bulky and slightly more expensive dslr feels either too exposing or like a hot item. Haha.

1 Like

Did another thing. Not really my style, but used the MPC for this.

2 Likes

@NUoldNu feeling this ! How did you share the roles between the OT and MPC?

@GarrettDeBell seriously feeling your style, dope stuff!

I was dead set on selling my OT some months ago… but with the quarantine, I’ve ended up giving it another shot and I’m having such a blast. I think the beats I’ve been making these last days are the best I’ve ever done, can’t wait to share it with you guys!

1 Like

Hear that!! Thank you!!!
That thing will come in circles. Sometimes it’s magic others it just doesn’t wanna fit the grid.
Glad it’s working out! Looking forward to hearing it!!

1 Like

And here we gooooo!

Finally found some time to give my soundcloud a little facelift as well.

1 Like

MPC does the sequencing and master clock. Octatrack for mangling and DJ effects. We also got some vinyl looping and dub style delay with the OTO BIM. Out of frame there is a patch on the Korg MS-20 for a transition this is fed into an Alesis Quadraverb. The SP smashes it all together with the vinyl sim comp.
Hearts out to ya.
Thanks for checkin in.

6 Likes

Thought I’d share my latest track here:

I’ve had the OT for a couple of weeks now, and there’s an overwhelming amount of stuff to learn! I made a short piano loop in FL Studio and brought it over to the OT for further slicing and rearranging. The result was this track :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I don’t know how you do it. But your drums slam so damn hard. And the lofi stuff you do is on point. Keep em comin!

1 Like

Thank you so much! I was pretty excited to share this one.
I think it has to do with layering! Like a deep low pass filtered kick with a brighter raw kick on top then run through another low pass together.
Similar thing with the snare except less filtering.

1 Like

Yea that makes sense. The kicks are so dynamic. They kind of creep in and hit hard all at the same time!

That’s a neat technique. I might have to try something similar.

1 Like

Another thing, and I’m still trying to figure this one out…
Mix the kick Stupid loud with the snare close behind and everything else quieter. Then crush it with compressor on the master. You will have to play with the volume of everything else to try and get it balanced. Be warned your dynamic range will suffer but it will create a pumping sound I tend to enjoy. I am closer to getting it right too. It works well with the 404 compressor but have read the 303 is even better. I’m hoping someone at some point can point out something with more control that does something similar. Heard mixed things about the Alesis 3630 doing it.
Just give it a try! Might work with a software comp too!

1 Like

this one is like alarm clock

2 Likes

Wuddup y’all…
Here’s another one live and direct from Los Angeles :fire:

10 Likes

I thought I would drop another beat on here for ya’ll…
where all the usual suspects that post on here at?
aka
GarrettDeBell I’m talkin’ bout you!
haha I love yr work man!
11 Likes

Really nice stuff as usual! Your tracks always slap really hard. If I may make one small suggestion having listened to a lot of your tracks in this thread? I feel like you rely on freeze delay/stutter effects a little bit too much, almost to the point of every single bar being broken up in similar ways. So I was going to suggest only using these types of effects for transitions between sections or for the occasional break in longer sections. I would love to hear some other effects used at times, such as bit crushing, sudden reverb swells, filter drops and so on to keep it a bit more varied. I hope you don’t find that offensive, as I absolutely love your tracks and just think more subtly and variety would help take them to the next level :yellow_heart:

3 Likes

This all OT with the SOMA sound pack provided for their current contest. I didn’t submit this track though. :sob:

5 Likes

Oh no that’s it! I’m am offended. :smiley: we’re all friends here. It’s all good man.
I’m really comfortable being me, so I’m never offended by peoples
observations and constructive criticism. Plus I dig what you do, you’re a trusted source.
The gift of communities like this is to keep each other sharp and inspired.
I thank you for encouraging me to go deeper in my creativity with the effects.
I can’t get mad at that!

7 Likes

Love the grit!

2 Likes