Please post your OT hiphop futurebeats lofi trip hop and boom bap here!

I’ve dusted off poor ol’ Octa which was a bit forgotten lately, and knocked some boombap beats with it to wake him up!

www.instagram.com/p/CL4LgwdKwiW/?igshid=ctb6tg4iduwf

Edit: ah goddamn, I still don’t know how to embed a post properly.

6 Likes

clean, heater. Love it!

1 Like

Ooooh, that bassline gave me goosebumps!

1 Like

@hrrld @Jedilicious thanks guys! Mix could be more balanced, main chops are a bit buried behind the drums and the bassline I feel. My ears have been playing tricks on me lately, impossible for me to mix something properly.

Dope beat I love it :fire:

1 Like

Thanks! Can’t wait to hear what you will cook with the OT!

1 Like

An hour long set of OT beats ran thru my 404. Would have put it on soundcloud but I’m out of space.

3 Likes

sorry guys, i don’t know about styles of music. Experimenting for myself. but after listening to the works in this topic, I decided to show it to understanding colleagues. that is, you.

8 Likes

New stuff, fresh from the OT:

www.instagram.com/p/CMXuwLRqQnZ/?igshid=t30uz2573ra7

1 Like

Hello,
My first beat with OT. It’s an absolute mess but I love how happy accidents happens.
Sampled metal on top of boombap drums.

5 Likes

My first beat with OT; all mixing on OT…

Made a few scenes; still very new to the OT so tried to keep it simple…

So much fun tho; mangling a sample… the “He Goes No, o no no no…” was a bit of a happy accident.

3 Likes

Finally you jumped into OT world. Congrats ! :slight_smile:
Nice beat I like it.

1 Like

thanks man! After posting I thought; who am I kidding… I love Elektron, it inspires me way more than whatever I can do on the PC. I pulled the triggers, read the Merlin Guide and going through the manual slowly as well.

It is such an inspirational device. Digitakt is still great next to it which I like as well.

1 Like

Yeah I was also tempted to make music ITB, it’s cheaper and you can do more things. But fact is I make less when I try ITB than when I go on Elektron.
So yep, the OT is kind of ultimate sampler - and maybe device - from Elektron. I doubt it will be replaced or discontinued soon. Even if discontinued, it will remain a legendary piece of hardware for long long time.
I didn’t not touched my DT since I got the OT :upside_down_face: (but I know one day I will want to turn it on and make old school beat with it)

1 Like

yeah i think it will be legendary status as well. Even the parts stuff wasnt that hard to grasp coming from the Digitakt. Whats your setup now then?
Ive got the OT, DT and a minilogue XD; but with the Octa I can do so much… I put the DT into the OT; the Lofi FX + compressor can really add extra OOMPH to the drums + you free up tracks for samples and stuff.

I see this as my ultimate setup; i can sample VSTs and Youtube without jacks; i have the Digitakt connected via USB > Use Ableton to record VST’s or youtube and i can directly sample that via the digitakt onto the OT. So easy.

Keen to follow your OT skill development. Im going to challenge myself to post weekly just to improve.

1 Like

Nice setup, I have almost the same: OT + DT + Vermona PERfourMER MKII
But I don’t use the DT actually. I think DT + OT is cool for a live set but for composing it’s a bit overkill. I can make my drums directly on OT. I prefer have a clean desk with very few cables and stuff. My PFM is racked so I just have me, my desk and my OT on front of me. It’s very inspiring.

On input CD I have a turntable or my computer, just for offline sampling. Maybe I should get a passive mixer to not have switching cables everytime…

Yess, good plan, I will try to do the same but it’s hard to find time at the moment. Hope we will improve fast :wink:

Nice dude!

PerFourMer looks very cool.

1 Like

3 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHpmLm1IyEU

I don’t know what this is. More like “Clubbed to Death” from the original Matrix I guess?

Comb filter for life!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0ZdK6I08Mo

3 Likes