Poly Effects Beebo (was Digit and Morph)

Nope - still not working for me. I updated to the firmware released an hour or so ago and still have the same issue. Should note that the presets are still inside Beebo (they show up in the setlist and can be exported to USB), they’re just not visible to the preset browser.

1 Like

Boom! Presets menu now working as expected.

EDIT: update - the envelope follower now seems to be broken.

2 Likes

Suhweet! I wont update it until next week but i like what im hearing. Sounds like button presses are snappier too? That would be great.

Bummer about envelope follower!

dang, by the time i wake up, things are getting fixed… good stuff loki.

1 Like

Wow, I’m pretty impressed by this firmware update (and it’s impressive just how many great firmware updates it’s had in it’s short life) and now I’m in a quandry. I’m planning a big down-sizing and rationalising of gear - I’d been planning selling my Beebo with the thought that I’d pick up a Hector which would work better for the planned setup once the Hector’s become more readily available in europe… now the big question is whether I need to re-think my plans to hold onto the Beebo in the meantime… :thinking:

2 Likes

Was close to getting the beebo then saw the hector. Think it might be my new purchase probably after Christmas. Both models are looking great with the updates

1 Like

IMO Beebo plays an important part of any downsizing because it can take the place of so many pedals (and eurorack modules).

2 Likes

Oh, i don’t doubt how useful and flexible (and great sounding) it is, hence thinking of replacing Beebo with Hector. The question is whether to live without Beebo in the interim…

website sez there currently only Hector units available…

I would keep the Beebo while you wait for Hector to show up, cuz why not? maybe you will decide to keep both. Having one in pedal form, and one in the eurorack doesn’t sound like a bad thing to me.

have fun!

1 Like

You’re making a lot of sense!! A bit of head scratching to do… I guess we’ll see what decision I make in the Marketplace this weekend… :grinning:

1 Like

What are the compressors like? Was thinking this could be ideal for a live setup mixing two sources and having separate comp/saturation on each stereo input…as well as all the other effects.

1 Like

wake up to another FW update… damn Loki keeps making this thing better and better!

1 Like

Ive used them but cant say I was moved either way! Seemed useful enough for boosting and evening out vocals and acoustic….

2 Likes

I liked this BEEBO synth tutoria and a lofi tutorial as well.

1 Like

I emailed Loki about the envelope follower bug, got an immediate reply and 12 hours later there’s a firmware update. Incredible support.

2 Likes

@Switchmode That is so cool. Impressive.

The slow tactile response kills me but:

the reverbs are unprecedented good in my opinion.

The delays are outstanding.

The versatility of all the synthy modules is amazing.

What are you using the envelope follower for? Do you have a heat and do you ever use its envelope follower? I definitely like it.

Sam

My use case is pretty simple - envelope follower controlling a VCA. The trigger is my pre gain signal while the VCA is in my post gain signal, essentially giving me a sidechained noise gate.

2 Likes

Damn, why did I have to take a look at this thread? This thing would be perfect to spice up hard panned tracks from the op-1. And it would still allow for a completely separate guitar fx chain.

1 Like

The passion of this guy!!! Hes grinding right now eh:)

3 Likes

please don’t be shy… share those cool patches.