Poly Effects Beebo (was Digit and Morph)

Yeah. I realize that a lot of this rapid release cycle is due to to the work that Loki is putting in on the Hector, but it’s pretty tough to keep up with, and does seem like some new bugs are getting introduced from time to time. I’m stil figuring out the Loopler!

I’ve made some progress on Loopler use and integration- what kind of stuff are stuck on?

1 Like

Just saw in Instagram that loopop is preparing a video on Hector. I’m really looking forward to that, as I just received my beebo in the mail :heart_eyes:

1 Like

It is indeed a Happy Friday!

*DELAY module timing sub-menu, when BEATS mode selected, is still upside down.

Heh, thanks man but when I say “figuring out” I mean I’ve really only just had time to take a quick look at it, I haven’t actually spent any serious time with it yet :slightly_smiling_face:

Ah no doubt!

I have to spend time with 3.14 myself since it just came out.

When I use an external device like my Digitakt it can really do wonders with midi control for the Loopler.

I have one patch up but it was more of Burst (Microcosm) inspired microlooper. I’d been cooking up something with multiple loops but was waiting for the firmware to get stabilized.

Let’s see!

hector review coming soon

2 Likes

Gary, what exactly are you controlling in the loopler with DT? And is bpm synced?

Ive successfully got the clock sync working but havent considered controlling loopler with anything else (beyond my mc6 to control record/stop etc…).

This might be the ultimate test of loopop’s skills!

1 Like

the spotlight feature is really nice.
now the real question. if the selected parameters can can be save as parameter presets? I hope Loki make update to save midi parameters on projects so you don’t have to midi learn every time

1 Like

It is midi clock synced from Digitakt, you can do various midi learn functions if not program various midi cc trigs.

I have a video from a bit ago where I have the sequencer of Digitakt sending record and play messages to do micro looping stuff.

You can program many things, like in that idea you could program when a Beebo loop plays or control its modulations this way from an external device.

Just depends what you want to do really.

1 Like

well still needs some improvement firmware wise
I hope loki updates all these missing things on the hector / beebo soon

2 Likes

AGREED!

Very nice feature now is when you click back to the main screen, you retain control of whatever parameter was selected in the spotlight screen. so you can twist knobs while jumping to something else, or checking your patch.

1 Like

This has me gassing hard. Its been a while…out of stock in Australia though…

1 Like

Interested if anyone is using this purely as a vocal FX unit. Does it have the grunt on the input since there isn’t a mic specific input?
I want to stack FX such as reverb, phaser flanger delay and add distortion and bit crushing. This looks like it could be a good solution in a single box with preset recall, rather than iOS laptop software or a bunch of pedals.

1 Like

I’m not 100% sure, but I think it’s a line level input, so it wouldn’t be something you’d run a mic directly into. I’ve been wanting to make pedals easier to integrate with a voice setup and just purchased a Radial Voco-Loco, which is a purpose built box that gets this done in style and with a lot of flexibility. It might be overkill for what you want, but it’ll get the job done.

Edited to add: There is a way to adjust the gain of the input section, I just don’t know if it would be enough to amplify a mic-level input. I’d guess not, but this thing can do so many other things, maybe he’s design this into it as well.

1 Like

Thanks @infiniteposse I’ll look into that.
Also been recommended old blood noise endeavours MAW = 2x multi-fx & send/return loop.

1 Like

loopop

4 Likes

Can anyone tell me I can run eurorack audio levels direct into the beebo? Does it have a module to convert to line level? Or do I need to run line level audio in

Thanks

There’s an input level adjustment in the preferences, that goes from -80 to + 10.
This is not documented in the manual, but is good info to have.

I just ran a random beat, thru the AIR Channel strip VU meter on the MPC Live, and grabbed an average level. These were my results, that are in no way precise or scientific.

-80 setting = -93dB signal
-60 setting = -81dB signal
-40 setting = -62dB signal
-20 setting = -43dB signal
-10 setting = -32dB signal
0 setting = -22dB signal
+10 setting = -12dB signal

I know nothing of Euro Rack signal levels, but hopefully this info helps.

2 Likes