Poly Effects Beebo (was Digit and Morph)

Awesome hi grade! Thank you.

1 Like

Thats great, thanks

Thanks for this!
It would be nice to adjust the input levels for each stereo pair separately and have some kind visual monitor. My biggest problem with the beebo so far has been the lack of a main volume knob and having no real indication for gain staging.

A full Meter Module would be really awesome, but even a super basic signal meter showing in/out level on the main screen, would be a nice feature.

Would also be cool if using the new spotlight feature, you could assign the two knobs - to two different parameters. But I imagine there are reasons why they can’t…

3 Likes

request on future improvements post on glitch hub Loki will hear your request hopefully it might show up in future updates

1 Like

got a link to that github page?

3 Likes

thank you for the link.

Is there a way to sync start of the LFO? If not how might i get the following patch to, essentially go with the transport start/stop.

I kinda think this isnt possible though it is with the loopler if im recalling correctly?

EDIT: made new patch with midi note to cv, with the out pitch going to play trigger on step sequencer, then out to macro osc. That at least gets play/stop from OT working. Im just such a modular rookie that its all trial and error….

1 Like

Firmware 3.15

Aug 20

Written By Loki Davison

Adds mode in settings to switch main layout from right to left to left to right.

Fixes bug with upside down delay subdivisions

3 Likes

~the magic keeps on happening!

He keeps pumping out these updates faster than I can check out the new features. I initially got the beebo for fx chains for my guitar and op-1, but I just messed around with the macro osc module for the first time. Now I know why all the modular people are going crazy about plaits, it is very versatile and can sound really good in many sweet spots. Really nice that beebo can just run multiple instances of the module. Controlling the sound with a midi track from the DN is also a breeze, it’s very easy to assign the CC values and is much more fun to play around with the DN knobs rather than the touchscreen. I’m just floored to have such a huge modular playground at my fingertips and best of all: with patches that I can save and return to later.

3 Likes

Is the plaits port the only osc/sound source?

1 Like

No, there’s also ports of mutable instruments rings, warps and tides to generate sounds (in addition to marbles and clouds with its extra modes).

2 Likes

Plenty to play with then, excellent. Time to sell stuff and get a hector :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The UI is so much snappier after the recent updates. Hopefully he can take a break for a bit as I think feature wise and reliability wise, this thing feels pretty close to complete.

1 Like

patch storage

4 Likes

A couple days ago I uploaded this patch but could not find it in the beebo menu tree hmmm! It looks so interesting.

Is there a database where patches can be uploaded, downloaded and browsed? If yes, can you please send me a link to it?

Patch storage has a bunch of Beebo patches, including that Euclid Arp patch: Explore | Patchstorage (they’re in the “Digit” category, that probably could do with being renamed “Beebo” now)

2 Likes