Polyend Play

I’m already famous. No worries:)))
Next time :))

…joking

1 Like

2 Likes

so not a replacement for the OT.

All those jacks are mini jacks. Which I totally dig. Like the Tracker. The little hole near usb jack is something else. I forgot. But tracker had it too

And not the DT either.

if they’re mini-jacks then maybe the two jacks are stereo in and out.

2 Likes

Isn’t that a mic?

Nevermind, that has its own input I see.

Yup.

Also that small hole is the reset button

No. The tracker has mic input jack

1 Like

Couldn’t one of the stereo outs be a mic in?

Yeah the guess work is not correct I think. It’s probably the same as on the Tracker but with stereo input instead of just mono.

There’s no need for two sockets as stereo out – that’ll be one stereo socket, which will probably be for headphones too (maybe). I still think this will sample (either mono or stereo). And the tiny hole will be a reset function. Midi I/O via an adapter.

Why would they have two stereo outs?

My guess is that the dongle is stereo out and the two others are midi I/o

2 Likes

Here’s Tracker for comparison. So, it looks like we’re missing two sockets. So, the Out socket will be line out and headphones as one, just like Tracker. Mic In will be abandoned imo. So that leaves either one or two for midi (can midi in/out be on one socket with a dongle?) and if they’re not both for midi, then the other one will be Line In.

1 Like

Another angle suggests the midi I/o is taken care by the single port with a splitter cable breaking out to two 5 pin Dins so one mini jack = midi in and out. If the small thing next to the power is reset then the question is are the two remaining ports mini jack audio out & headphone out or mini jack Audi in and mini jack audio out. I’m now thinking there’s no audio in…

What’s the price going to be boys and girls?

My guess it’s a bit more expensive than the Polyend Tracker (which IIRC started at 500,- )
… so I’m calling 700,-

Much smaller screen but many more buttons /lights - 600

If midi I/O is one socket with a dongle then the other two sockets will be stereo Audio Out/Headphones and mono/stereo Audio In :tada:

Are we sure it was midi on the dongle tho? Because Tracker came with a dongle to split audio.

My main interest is whether it’s yet another drum machine sample step seq with some polyrhythmic aspect or if Polyend are going to incorporate some harmonic progress stuff like Oxi, which would be a lot more innovative

1 Like

Im predicting £750

1 Like