Post your artwork here - please read the "rules" : )

A small clip captured from my art exhibition a couple of weeks ago. Sorry about the awful sound quality, I wasn’t able to find the microphone for the camera anywhere, until immediately after the thing had ended. :slight_smile: Make sure to set it on HD as the capturing is pretty bad as it is.

8 Likes

Very mesmerizing! How is this made?

1 Like

Graphics palette and Sketchbook Pro.

1 Like

I really like the curvy parallel lines you use, they create such a nice depth to these pictures.

1 Like

looks intriguing , where was this? very engaging visually and sonically

1 Like

Thank you so much for the kind words!!! :pray:
It was in an old beach house near the harbour in Rauma Finland.
The place has been unused for decades and is owned by the city.
My stuff was downstairs and a friend of mine had her exhibition upstairs.

5 Likes

Long time no sculpt…going back at it with a modest and “classic” quick and dirty session from scratch.

The session on Youtube, Music (quickly) done with Fors and Sugar Bytes instruments.

12 Likes

Good old damaged Mecha design and sculpt from scratch with ZBrush Core.

The session on YouTube, Soundtrack done with Sugar Bytes (Drumcomputer, Factory, Aparillo) and Fors Ego.

13 Likes

Been in some “painting trees rabbithole” since May.

Took a while to find the right groove with the stylization and the materials and such.
Here are some more if you’re interested, shameless self plug.

17 Likes

I like the style on these a lot!

1 Like

Got a couple rolls of film back yesterday, gonna make my second attempt at cyanotypes soon.

8 Likes

Getting back into the swing of how i use to create artwork in the early days. Thank you Robert Rauschenberg, Dave McKean and Vaughan Oliver for breaking me free:

21 Likes

You know your stuff !

1 Like

Still getting the hang of making these, my development time is still not quite right I think. Also the printer does not like the transparencies very much, gonna have to look into another option.

12 Likes

These are wonderful!

1 Like

SURFACE is an immersive kinetic audiovisual installation that explores concepts to synthesize materials sound and sounds into images by human presence.

In its centre a kinetic reverbplate sculpture is set in motion by Dadamachines, which get triggered by a custom program Kinect Azure motion tracking algorithm in Touchdesigner. The impacts of the solenoids are recorded by two Geofón microphones, which are fed back to the plate by contact speakers, resulting in an endless feedback loop.

The frequencies of the sound are also represented as evolving 3-dimensionall topography that gets retriggered by the recipient’s position within the space. This generative process results in endless variations.

Recipients were also encouraged to interact with the installation by changing the microphones position, which results in further variations.

7 Likes

some further information about the process behind SURFACE
https://www.instagram.com/p/CiU5Ht4MMXT/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

2 Likes

My exposures usually run 20-30 min in bright midday sun. I also make sure I coat with enough solution and let it thoroughly dry before exposing.

1 Like

Currently I’m doing 15 min or so under a cheap uv lamp I bought on amazon. One thing I discovered with this last batch is that the lamp doesn’t throw wide enough to do two at once with an even exposure, that’s why on the bridge one the right edge is darker, that was the middle, and there was another one to it’s right. I’m using pretty cheap watercolor paper right now as well, I’m wondering if it’s not holding the chemicals as well as some better materials might.

1 Like

Guessing you need a 30 or even 40 min exposure with that lamp

1 Like