Post your artwork here - please read the "rules" : )

Another shot, this time in Porto.

13 Likes

various exercises in guilt paranoia and mediocrity -
in no particular order.

21 Likes

Very pretty. Good snowboard/skate boards.

1 Like

I LOVE the commentary you have in your art!

1 Like

A time to paint, a time to listen to Phoebe Violet, a time to regress.
Song: Phoebe Violet - Hacia Adentro

5 Likes

Here is a mixed bag of some of my stuff :slight_smile:

!

[tumblr_0221649e56d812bb3b101282bdcc3356_385b9eda_1280|674x500]

(upload://fZYLhfgVajvstIdr47gnVDdCeBx.jpeg)

13 Likes

neat.

2 Likes

Nice, it has a Lynch / Bacon vibe. I like it !

1 Like

Sorry, too many pics in one post.
Sorry!

1 Like

In my opinion, no, it is a pleasure.
I like your “piles of soldiers”.

1 Like

Keep going with the artworks, my people – really like what I’m seeing all the time here!
I’ll dump some of my trees again:

8 Likes

perfect balance of negative space with color and shape, also the frame within a frame effect on the canvas is very appealing, the way the top of the tree breaches the border into the median. all nice works, though this one stands out to me.

1 Like

Thanks, appreciate it! This one was a bit of new territory for me, first time incoorporating the idea of water into my self imposed style “framework”.

1 Like

I don’t know if this is pure coincidence but if you are aware of the use of golden ratio proportioning and flow of visual information as it appears in art, this is one of the first things that jumped out at me:

of course the ripples in the water and the reflection being more subtle than the vibrance of the trees, but being equally interesting, its like the flow of the piece takes you to that part last, naturally.

2 Likes

Oooh nice, I’m actually aware of the golden ratio composition and such – but it never really occured to me to purposfully look for it in my works. Just now noticing how the foliage curve leads down to the water ripples.

I’m always just kind of eyeballing it haha.

1 Like

i make abstract video art and stuff, usually audio-reactive / interactive but these are mostly just standalone(?) pieces from the past week or so

unsure of how to post videos efficiently other than youtube link so hopefully this embeds it to the post

done entirely on after effects using shapes, layer styles and built in effects

recently started learning touch designer.
this is my second patch i’ve made on it.
might use it for live vjing next week because i made it audio reactive (“explosions” trigged by audio level)

another touch designer study, this time using a lot of feedback and principles of reaction diffusion !

5 Likes

Oooh love the first one, very mesmerizing!
And there’s this pattern in the third one (2:09 for example) that I keep seeing occasionally – does this have a name by any chance?

1 Like

it’s a form of reaction diffusion pattern achieved by using video feedback !

1 Like

I have been learning to use procreate. Following youtube tutorials, kinda bob ross stuff. I cant take any credit for the painting as I just followed along, but I’m really pleased with it. Ive never seen the Aurora Borealis for real, maybe one day.

5 Likes

That’s really nice.

You should use Procreate to follow an actual Bob Ross. I have a feeling you would do great at it!