Post your artwork here - please read the "rules" : )

O_O holy shit man. I think you’re close to finding your truth! My mother was a programmer in the 80s, I’ve always been tech oriented. Tried to do it for work and absolutely hated it - HATED. I discovered I loved doing rural delivery for whatever reason. It doesn’t pay much but I get to see the best views and meet the best people. I’ve got enough side hustles to keep me comfortable and the delivery work pays the bills. Sometimes its hard for people to wrap their head around that but sometimes what the heart wants is a priority!

5 Likes

I take photos, print canvases, and frame them in hand-crafted lap-joint frames, typically from several hard and/or exotic woods. Some I had access to on my iPhone:

…and sometimes shoot musicians playing:

22 Likes

Yep. I think I’ve finally found my calling. I was working in a record shop for maybe 10 years but at some point I realized that I’m 35, I’m supposed to have my own record shop at this age, not work in someone elses. This will be the realization of that dream and then some. I’m over the moon of the thought of working there all day, every day for the rest of my life. Bringing our little dog to work and making a comfortable seating area somewhere there.

Funny thing, when I DID work in the record shop I always looked with envy at the UPS & DHL guys and girls who brought us the parcels. That seemed to be the best job ever, driving around in a van delivering all kinds of packages and listening to your favourite music while doing it. The grass always seems somehow greener on the other side.

6 Likes

These are stunning.

Distinctively Cornwall! Something about that light from Atlantic Ocean…
Like the sound recording also.

Whoaaaa…

Absolutely incredible work all around. Beautiful packages for beautiful work.

Well shit, thank you!

2020 canceled all potential openings/showings/gallery events so things have sorta ground to a halt, but I’m trying to find my way back to putting some pieces together. On the bright side, I have 4 shelves of frames assembled and finished so when (or if) things ever pick back up, they’re ready to fill. They’re what took the longest between waiting for things to dry and my limited space/clamps. So at least there’s that, lol.

Very much appreciate the comment, thanks!

1 Like

Thank you! i am very much surrounded by the Atlantic light at the moment, here I am painting on the Isles of Scilly yesterday…

9 Likes

Thanks alot! Was pretty incredible seeing these animals up close. Maybe too close! Haha

1 Like

Photography and painting…

Video art for bodymechanics

Animations

4 Likes

Cool animations! Awesome vibe.

Makes me question the time I’m spending on my demo. It looks like shit. The models I’m using are crap, can’t afford to pay for good ones, I can’t model to save my life. I’m never gonna get hired :pensive:

Fucking Maya is costing me $300/month.

lots of people jumping onto blender … some very nice plugins seem to be developed too … i follow a few people on twitter/instagram … it seems very capable.

i’m more of a 3dsmax person, though havent used max/maya seriously for 13 years or more.
i should also get into zbrush and substance… i’m just too lazy and not entirely interested in any of it .

6 Likes

My fave is XSI. It was unstoppable animation wise. I started with that when it was Soft Image. The moves onto Max and Lightwave in the late 90s. Maya is kinda the standard. Not my fave, but if I want a job doing animation it’s gotta be Maya. But I’m fully proficient in 3dsMax, XSI, Maya and Houdini. Doesn’t matter which I use in the end. I can learn whatever too. I know Spine and Toon Boom

2 Likes

I think I used soft image 3.1 on silicon gfx in early 90’s. That was very good for animation too , proper function curves and constraints etc.
Started on dos 3ds3
Actually started on c64 around n 86 and then dpaint on Amiga

1 Like

Heh…I started on TRS-80

But ya XSI was unreal. I see a lot of its features making their way into Max and Maya.

I miss the old SGIs. We had so many at Interplay, when the became relics, we made coffee tables and chairs out of them. I shoulda kept one.

1 Like

I usually postpone my releases because making album covers is hard. Here’s my latest cover, watercolor and pencil in a plain sketchbook. It’s me and my daughter!

26 Likes

iPad Pro art

11 Likes

Turn that frown upside down friend. I believe in you.

1 Like

Yep, it’s a good time to build up your supplies at least. Can’t ever have enough clamps I guess, right? I do some woodworking myself and understand. Nothing as cool as your frames though! They really compliment the beautiful photography. Keep posting to this thread as you go!

1 Like

Didn’t know leitz made a 8.5cm screwmount. Very nice drawings.

1 Like