Printed Elektron manuals...tips

I recently printed my A4 and Rytm PDF manuals, by ordering them online.

Wow…what a pleasant surprise.

Various office printing/photocopy sites can print and “bind” the elektron PDF manuals…either in 3-hole format (you provide a 3-ring binder of your own) or they can staple/bind it together, or bind them with a coil or ribbon binding.
Paper thickness can be chosen, as well as cover choices. Front and back collated printing is a good choice, so it reads like a book (printed both sides).
I won’t promote any one establishment, as most can give you near the same product…and this is not spam.

I ordered front/back printing, spiral bound, heavy 32lb stock paper, first page @ full color (the rest black and white), clear frosted vinyl cover, black back vinyl cover.
$33 each.
Sure, the PDF’s are still very helpful and have the advantage of the Acrobat electronic “search” function.

I chose “spiral binding” because I can easily flip it around to show one page at a time on my desk, and not take-up the space of a 3-ring folder (two pages open at a time).

Ordering can be done online (send the elektron PDF file)…I ordered mine this morning, and picked it up in 4 hours (or it can be delivered via mail).

I hope this tip will help some people, if they were unaware how easy it was to get a durable printed manual.

4 Likes

are you sure?

I’m sure…they are in my hands now.
$33 each.

1 Like

you are serious bout this hm?

1 Like

sorry im just confused

I think printed manuals are not very essential in the tablet age. That said, printed manual looks good ofc.

I already have 2 computer monitor screens in my studio, so I could easily say you are exactly correct (or if I had a tablet).

I don’t think the tablet is the same, just as having 2 monitors is not the same.
Batteries.
If no tablet.
If no computer.
If already using two screens for a DAW.
+reading happy stuff while on the bathroom hole.

Good comment, thanks.

1 Like

Printed is the new Analog !

6 Likes

couldn’t find the ‘cmd f’ function on my printed octatrack manual

1 Like

‘cmd’- usually means “command”, and ‘f’ means ‘function, full screen or find’.
I don’t have the Octo, soo…

…crap…you got me…f = find…lol

3 Likes

I printed manual also for reading and learning purpose there’s not better than Paper… Tablet or computer comes with the price of eyestrain + you can really FOCUS on the machine and reading. When you done I think effectively the search PDF to refer to something you learn should be better thought

2 Likes

When an analog manual is often needed, is when all other screens are not available. Maybe people do not need a manual at all…then some ask questions.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s that I am old…and I read and make penciled notations within a printed manual. Sure you can do this in Acrobat…then save it…but who really does that ?

2 Likes

I think we can skip the beating up on the OP, it’s sound to print; sure, you lose the search, but in every other regard it’s more natural and as mentioned involves less eye strain and less of the fake screen light messing with yer noggin … highlighting and scribbling notes in the sideline is one simpler advantage (annotating once you unlock a PDF isn’t as straightforward) … PDF is essential too, but it’s gotta hurt when the manual is updated if you print (which I don’t, but may have done if starting afresh) :okej:

3 Likes

Printed mines…i prefer paper manuals when working with machines.

3 Likes

Can I say…
It’s much of a less learning curve, for beginners…(and pros)
…to have a paper copy of the rules.

It’s way cheaper to save the PDF onto a memory drive stick and taking it into The UPS Store and have them print/bind exactly like that, for approx. $18.–$22. each, max. Have done it with several other manuals because although the PDF is great for searches and such, I also tend to have certain pages open for reference of certain instruments, and as the O.S. may be upgraded, only add the supplemental notes.

I fully support this!

I use the PDF search function to answer specific questions. But the printed manual’s are where I “discover” lots of functions.

Like science and art, I need both to survive.

3 Likes

I printed my A4 manual. It’s really nice to have. I’m pretty old school myself. I like to flip through pages to find my answers, and I don’t have a tablet, so the paper manual is easier to place next to my machine if need be

Disagree. Nothing like an old school printed manual you can highlight important things, write notes and dog-ear the page corners. Increases my productivity. :slight_smile: