Probably should have bought the Syntakt

OMG. When I got my cycles my wife kept calling it my Kidney Dialysis machine.

6 Likes

very funny especially the doctors one… for me originality and ergonomics count so i like the weirdness… friend of mine got a ph d in medicine researching and proving positive infuence of music on post operation kids… so it’s medical too fer sure :heart_eyes: :joy:

1 Like

This happened to me, too. Within a couple of months of getting M:C, I realized I loved it, and that someday I would upgrade to a Syntakt. When a really good price on a used ST appeared, I leapt on it, even though I wasn’t “ready” (I’m not even close to M:C mastery). I don’t have any regrets, but I can assure you that going from M:C to ST did not make me any better at music-making! If anything, it has actually slowed me down, as I now spend a lot more time noodling with machine params and learning how to use filters and amp envelopes than on making music.

1 Like

You mean Steaktakt

1 Like

Switching from m:c to syntakt slowed me down too.
By cons I can only see the gain in sound quality, it’s just crazy!
And when it comes to possibilities, it’s just as crazy, but that’s where you’ll have to learn to manage new things (more LFOs, the FX Block, etc.)
Many people first went through the model range before landing on the digi series, which would be great from elektron it would be to promote the transition between these two ranges of machines:

• possibility of migrating projects started on cycles to syntakt to continue production with other sound dimensions
  • possibility to use the cycle encoders as syntakt control surface (faderfox style)
  • transform the cycles into a 6-voice polyphonic synth and enter it into the input of the syntakt

In short… I’m dreaming a little (a lot) no doubt, but I would find it great that the commercial strategy of electron (addiction) can also be accompanied by an intelligent passage from one machine to another…

3 Likes