Promo video for Moog DFAM

It was a joke Michal. Can we start a crusade for people who no-one gets. I’m first to sign up.:stuck_out_tongue:

Yes I have been irked by some of @xidnpnlss 's obviously elitist statements… especially the reference to cocktails, other people being vanilla, Becky’s etc. Pretty laughable way to end a tirade against elitism and exclusivity.

3 Likes

I agree with that- I think it could be a decent experiment on the power of suggestion to see if more women will make electronic music- it could expand their potential demographic.

But it’s this political air- and the conversations that get roused up by people choosing to obsess over it that drives me nuts. The conversation demands that one accept the premise that women are oppressed- which I can’t accept

This thread reeks of ignorant machismo.

I like to think back on the old elektronauts forum where there was less ignorance and petty, insecure boys.

3 Likes

I don’t know, I bet Moog sells more synths over this ad.
Any girl that was toying with the idea of getting one, is probably off the fence now.

2 Likes

We’ll see

Yeah I thought it was funny, too.

No, in all seriousness, there’s nothing elitist about it. People spoke about they don’t know women as such and such = vanilly. They are being Beckys of the world and the cocktails aren’t very expensive. No elitism…

Yes, let’s! I second. :yum:

I hope you all don’t get your undies in a bunch over MoogFest’s all non-cis-male lineup. https://www.moogfest.com/lineup

Seriously. I’m close friends with women who make electronic music and who perform regularly (not just pretend to be a musician and post on forums all day long). It’s really hard to be someone who identifies as anything other than male get basic respect in the electronic music community. It’s unbelievable how ignorant some of you really are.

2 Likes

What’s a Becky? I haven’t heard this term? But i’m willing to learn.

I’m using it loosely:

It’s weird to me how people translate happenstances into their worldview.

I didn’t see ANYone on this forum complain about Moogfests lineup?

“Oh no! Moogs trailer and fest line-up. I’ll never buy Moog ever again”- nobody on this forum

Depends on which definition you read. It seems to be either, a basic bitch, or a some one experienced in the art of felatio.

There have been quite a few straw-identifying people in this thread.

1 Like

All of us? Come on. Do I have to list my collaborators just to impress somebody? We choose each other because we are into each others way of working, not because of our skin shade, genital shape or preferences in love.

1 Like

I definitely understand where you’re coming from here, and I hate to casually throw out the “my experience says X so that applies everywhere,” I dont expect it to apply everywhere, but here goes.
Here in Dallas, there is a thriving electronic music scene, much of it run and attended by females along with a LGBTQ community. It’s kinda great over here right now.

1 Like

It was in response to “I just want to see good artists showcased on their merits, not their gender.”

You just ran away with that one, it seems

Sorry for not being completely explicit. I felt it was safe that people would assume “you all” as the people I was directing the message towards… those being the one’s taking issue with putting women on a podium.

Same here in Chicago. It’s great to see things blossom. I was just in Houston for Day For Night and loved the diversity.

1 Like