Promo video for Moog DFAM

Looks like you ran away with that one.

I never alluded to anyone saying they wouldn’t buy Moog as a result or even anything close to that. You ran far, my brother.

Where did anyone say anything about having an issue with that?

Generalisations tend to alienate. Sorry I read you wrong.

1 Like

Ahh ok. I think that’s a mainly American term then. I’m from Northern Ireland so had’nt heard of it.

I originally thought you were called Becky and in my mind I pictured you as an angry woman at that time of the month going out to have a jolly night with gay men because straight men are bastards :grinning:

I might have to stop sipping vodka tonight it’s clouding my thinking…

Do you all remember the last garbage fire of a thread regarding gender?

2 Likes

Uhhhh…

Yeah, maybe.

One second: ladies and non-binary have a hard time entering the music scene.
Next second: Oh yeah, both you and I live in cities with a lot of women and LGBT- scenes. I love the diversity!

There seems to be a contrast in these statements.

Also, its hard to make it as a musician just by default-because there WAS a time I was a “real” musician before pretending and posting on a forum

Yeah it’s gross isn’t it. We finally agree!

And I feel I have to add that also was a joke. Perhaps you need to visit Northern Ireland. We’re really laid back here, providing you kick with the correct foot! (You got to live here to get that one)

Oh my goodness!

Yes there is starting to become a healthy community of women / LGBT in the scene. There’s nothing contrasting! I’m acknowledging the growth, but it’s still a grain of sand in a desert of machismo.

It’s amazing how you only read things in binary.

It seems some people spend an insane amount of time on forums, but are clearly not in touch with the community off-line.

1 Like

Dude, put down the bottle :slight_smile:

1 Like

This thread is like Lord of the Flies!

2 Likes

A drunk Irish man, a gay man and a cis man walk into a thread…

1 Like

I think there’s much more to it than, it’s either this, or that.
For example, is Moog exploiting women?
Maybe, but they also seem to be discovering where the boundaries lie.
Personally thats why I believe these conversations and efforts like this video are important.
In the process of people trying to express new social paradigms mistakes will be made in an effort to come to a better understanding.

Northern Irish!!!

2 Likes

Ok that’s funny.

Though you better not be assuming anyone’s sexuality :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I watched the video. Some of the language in a couple of the initial quotes remind me of the extremely loaded vocabulary deployed at university campuses in the United States.

To resist the fear of scarcity within music and within art that there’s not enough space for you or you can’t take up the space to do what you want. You really have to push against that.

Changes happen when people believe that changes can happen. Like, why not just tell people to be more expansive in their thinking.

Emphasis mine.

I have some thoughts about what’s been happening at places like Evergreen State College, but they’re out of scope for this thread. Anyone who’s interested would do well to look into the shitstorm that erupted over Evergreen’s “Day of Absence” as a starting point. Form your own conclusions.

What I will say in this thread, is that Moog may not be entirely aware of what they’re getting into, and I don’t think mixing politics and marketing is healthy for a variety of reasons. Least of all that this video could look, depending on your filter cutoff, as a pretty crass ploy to make Moog—a privately-held producer of luxury goods—the official synth brand of women, trans and non-binary, and minorities. I’m totally fine with giving a voice to artists who may be ignored or underrepresented, but don’t do it in an advertisement for a $700 drum machine. That’s weird.

Edit: I should say, don’t do it in an advertisement for a $700 drum machine that also uses language that echoes the foment on university campuses in the USA.

So it’s gone from there being a good scene, to there’s beginning to be a good scene.

Now you’re getting it!

I have not been the one who doesn’t get it in this thread :upside_down_face:

it’s the same thing. again, you’re thinking in binary.