Promo video for Moog DFAM

You’re not actually saying anything. Just a white noise emotional rhetoric

how are your mommy issues going?

Maybe she did actually mean “expensive in their thinking”?

1 Like

Now you’re appropriating black culture with those “yo mama” jokes. For shame.

What a well thought out retort! You must have been Ivy League educated. You probably watch Rick and Morty the way you just shoot off such thoughtful insights

This is interesting to me.
Is it political at it’s inception or is it politicized?

did you just assume my ethnicity :wink:

I’d wager it’s political, but as mentioned in the thread- it’s impossible to tell without insider knowledge

I just assumed everyone here are swedish.

2 Likes

I only mention it because you brought that up in the last garbage fire thread about gender.

Ive got to say a massive thankyou to the mods for allowing some freedom and not over moderating this thread. Nice to see some actual opinions flying about and it’s also given me a few good laughs too

3 Likes

I guess I don’t see an attempt at bridging the equality gap as anything political, but I do see how it’s politicized by others.

“mommy issues”/“daddy issues” doesn’t really seem like something I’d say- so I doubt you’re attributing the right quote to the right person

well of-course you didn’t use that specific phrase

I want to say, once again, that I don’t find anything wrong with the video- I’m just suspicious of the intentions. It seems like virtue signaling, to me.

In that case, I still have no idea what the heck you’re talking about

Well, I think Moog took the decision to include what I deem—and I don’t have a monopoly on this—politicized speech, or at least speech that has nothing to do with a drum machine and more to do with things that are happening elsewhere in the USA.

This type of language pushes polarization as the only solution for engaging with people we disagree with, and gives some people a monopoly on the recourse to encourage self-examination on the part of another.

1 Like

You and me both :slight_smile:

That is what I mean, advertisements have no responsibility other than to cater to their target demographic, they clearly hope to involve more women in the industry - which works from both from a revenue perspective and a social one.

Virtue Signaling?
I don’t understand that one.
Seems to me the intention is a good one, a bit clumsy, maybe.
It’s like when I try and present myself as an ally to my friends who experience racism, sometimes they put me in check and I have to go sort my self out.