PULSAR-23 by SOMA

I preordered around April, I think. Hard to remember. However, I sent Soma an email asking when it would be ready so I could ready my finances. Was told “winter, maybe sooner!”. I wouldn’t worry about not getting an email, they certainly haven’t forgotten you.

I’ve been on the list since last year sometime so I wouldn’t worry about it. My guess is they will get the first batch ready and see what proportion of people who put their name down are still up for it, then take it from there.

I went on the waitlist mid-May. I don’t expect to see a unit until early 2020…

The good news is that I’ve been able to repress all urges to buy other gear because I’ve got the money earmarked for this!

Other fronts: I’m planning on building a small companion module that will let one do odd meters and polyrhythms with the Pulsar-23. More details once I get the unit… but if you’re interested DM me.

6 Likes

Interested in the module. Will DM if I get pulsar.

Thanks for letting me know:) yeah I went on the list june 2018 too so it’s a bit strange I haven’t heard anything. Guess I’ll write them to see what’s up.

100%.

I love my Lyra-8 but we’ll see when it hits Reverb if i can afford it.

It’s a lot of money! What I’m going on is the longevity of it, it’s a deep instrument and requires time. Of course most boxes require time but usually to remember how to do things. I believe the concept of pulsar and Lyra is to develop a relationship with the instrument. As a guitarist I can relate to that, and find it difficult on menu based machines. I was concerned about it’s versatility butnwatched vlads superbooth demonstration (the official one) and the sound quality when properly recorded is really good. I think players will put their own stamp on it. But shit, it’s a lot of money!

1 Like

Used prices are going to be interesting. With the waitlist there may be more to pay used for a while.

1 Like

100% why I think this will be a instrument for the ages. The Pulsar is bridging the gap between machine and human in very interesting way. I may have to sell something to buy this thing and that goes against my ethos.

3 Likes

Looks like it’s starting to ship…

5 Likes

And coming with case and clips. Can’t wait.

2 Likes
15 Likes

unreal. that’s the kinda demo I’ve been waiting for. wonder if he’s using the loopers or externally sequenced?

1 Like

Amazing demo.only another 2 years and I might have one😁

1 Like

Daymn! Those kicks sound fantastic. And the glitch sounds too. Great demos.
Off to see if I can make those with the AR…

2 Likes

Wow, that’s a solo performance machine. Damn too much gear coming our ways, I hope my new business will make enough money fast so I can employ someone and play with stuff like this pulsar-23 in the office :smiley: :tongue:

1 Like

Somasynth reply to IG: its all Pulsar, no after processing or sequencer were used.

2 Likes

woah

It’s a very hot signal though so I wonder if it has been compressed/limited? Unless there’s a limiter in Pulsar-23?

you can’t :rofl:

2 Likes