PULSAR-23 by SOMA

Thanks, glad you guys liked it

1 Like

Expressed interest and choose colour on June 8 and recently received email saying it will be ready for shipping soon

2 Likes

Must only be America that’s getting shafted then. So glad I was able to get one. What color you go for?

Awesome track!

Best snare I’ve heard on the Pulsar. That was the thing that was bothering me from many demos - didn’t sound like they could get good snare sound. Any tips you can give regarding that? (if you don’t mind giving away your secrets :wink:)

1 Like

Yes, I’m totally not satisfied with Pulsar snares, indeed.
I suspect a few wires to be involved in this track :wink:

2 Likes

Yea it’s multiple snares recorded, layered, and processed in daw. I too have a hard time being satisfied with the snare module being used for snares. So I tend to use it for other things like white noise, beeps, or as I explained, snare layers.

3 Likes

Great, thanks for the info

Sure. Also, really fast modulation on the clap tuner can help the snare module sound pretty nice.

1 Like

A clip from my live performance at Etikett radio. Pulsar 23 is sequenced with Digitakt. Maybe of interest to some of you:)

4 Likes

@ccr I’ll respond here - I’ve only used it solo for now, haven’t paired it with anything or used the midi portion of it but in short I’m really enjoying it. The way everything works together is wonderful. It’s a lot of fun for beats but I’ve been loving it as a noise machine. Here’s something I cooked up using only the shaos, lfos, cv pads, and fx (I later combined the sounds of the drum modules and recorded a performance I will likely release at some point):

3 Likes

that first section is heavy :+1:

1 Like

Powerful!

1 Like

So my time has arrived on the waitlist - no regrets from any of you owners right?

No regrets here. As long as you like the sound of the pulsar and you’ll be happy

So I am eying a Pulsar for a long time now and I think I am gonna go for it. Curious how long I have to wait when I joined the waiting list today. Anybody in EU who joined the list recently? Just curious.

@mukade Really nice track! Enjoyed that very much

Waiting time is 3 months for EU atm

Oké, thanks. Thats not too bad.

so sick!

Pulsar Buddy on steroids.

6 Likes

Hello all!

I’m wondering if any of you fine artists might be able to share with me a library of pulsar 23 samples. I’m no professional, and wont make any money off of it, I just want to hear what it is capable of in the context of my music. I’m on the waiting list, but it is going to be awhile. I just got my Lyra 8 and would love some pulsar 23 sounds to go with it! Thanks!