PULSAR-23 by SOMA

How long were you on the list through Soma before your name was called?

Around two years. But that’s no longer relevant, considering they seem to have upped production and we are no longer at the beginning of a pandemic.

Thomann is currently stating 4-5 weeks. Don’t know if that is realistic though

I see, thanks. I was just wondering as I have been on the list for a few months, and was seeing how far they are at getting caught up.

They seem to be shipping stateside from their Poland site as well now. I can’t imagine it will take that long now.
Shipping was incredibly fast too. They sent on a Monday, I received it two days later.

1 Like

Cool, that is good know. Thanks

I handcrafted this one to control my pulsar
if you want details for ordering send me a PM please
Thanks
Peace

37 Likes

Just some quality sunday content right here imovie game unmatched

7 Likes

Pulsar expressing my mood today pretty perfectly. Everything here is pulsar, no external sequencing required. Ran it through a touch of analog heat.

20 Likes

TBH this was one of the rare Pulsar tracks, which I really loved :+1:

You coverd a lot of different and interesting sonic territory. Now I’m considering to get one myself … :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks, glad you liked it. I realize I didn’t explore even half of the instrument in this set though. Especially the SD module, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite channels.

1 Like

This thing practically has its own genre of music.

4 Likes

That is SOOOO dope…

3 Likes

Thanks bro! :pray:t4::relaxed:

2 Likes

Can anyone here clue me in on how long it took Soma to ship out your pulsar-23 once paid for? I paid for mine early on the 5th and haven’t received any shipping notification yet.

I waited about a week or so after my payment was confirmed in their account. But the email they sent said it could take up to three weeks after payment was confirmed. Shipping took 3 days including customs clearance (But that was an additional 120 dollars).

1 Like

Pulsar has a very different SD channel. Doesn’t sound close to what you would expect a typical drum synth snare would/should sound like.

Interesting that you like it that much. It sounds lovely in that song you posted, almost sounds like a rimshot - an actual real rimshot, not a typical drum synth rimshot.

Great song!

Yea the SD module sounds so nice as a rim shot. And its a really good noise tool, I think thats because of how harsh the filter is maybe. With modulation you can get some nice results.

1 Like

TL;dr
Does Pulsar have a softer side?
I would love to hear a general impression of the device now that the honeymoon period might be over for some.

I have an unhealthy fixation on drum machines. I’m almost obsessed with coming up with wacky idm beats. I thought eurorack was gonna be the fix for me but while I love the experience at times it’s mostly frustrating.

I’ve been really interested in the Pulsar since it came out and some of its implementation is nothing short of genius!

As I see it in my set up I see a great audio and midi correlation between it and Octatrack. Pulsars incredibly flexible audio I/O means I could send individual outs to Octatrack and have pulsar as an effects send via octas cue out…

The midi learn functionality is another thing that would make it really gel with the Octatrack…

I see myself having the Pulsar, Octatrack and a small POD with MI stages as a fantastic live performance set up with heavy focus on rhythmic textures…

Heck even having a small POD with Nerdseq and it’s midi expander could be an incredible set up as well.

My concern is that the sound is extremely industrial and while I dig that, I don’t dig it all the time… so does the Pulsar have a softer side as well?

I would love to hear some impressions from owners here now that some time has passed and maybe the honeymoon period is over.

2 Likes

I posted a little snip above with some softer drums:

2 Likes