PULSAR-23 by SOMA

Sounds like some dodgyness in your rack.
Are you close to maxing out your power supply?

My initial hypothesis has been that the Pulsar is also sharing current… since the euro plugs are both input and output and that it doesn’t differentiate between audio and CV…

So my rack is quiet full and adding the extra current from pulsar could make it max out… BUT I tried pulling out two module and I got the same results. BD and Bass track was still acting weird…

Thing is my board takes +12v 3500ma -12v 1500ma +5v 1000ma and I’m nowhere near maxing that

Not that then, maybe a ground issue with the adaptors for the outputs?

Other than that I’m about stumped.

I really love this pair…pulsar and perfourmer.
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CQAXlBMBVke/?utm_medium=copy_link

1 Like

It turns out it was Veils… Veils is DC coupled and it phases out the output of BD and Bass… especially when boosting the signal gets to something like 16v which was way the sound started fizzle out instead of peaking…

4 Likes

Makes sense.

Good to know it’s not Pulsar’s fault.

1 Like

I’ve made a little drum sequencing skiff that is a lot of fun. Grids, Veils and Voktage block.

Thinking of adding a CV thing so I can sequence midi as well…

5 Likes

I guess I’ll spam the Pulsar Thread :laughing:.

I’m really starting to fall in love with Pulsar 23.

Initially I wasn’t fully convinced, I thought it sounded pretty one dimensional, but once you get to know it better you realize you have to work it a bit…

My favorite for Nice BD for instance is sending BD output to diode/triode capacitator to BD tune. You get this really nice plucky kicks from that patching. Love the distortion as well really crunchy…

11 Likes

Hey it’s me, Mr. spammer again.

For some foolish reason I got rid of Ochd (can’t even remember why tbh)
My favorite way of using OCHD was to use it as a clock and then have signals go into the input and alter the clock, I needed to attenuate the ongoing signal a lot for it to be “musical”. Ever since that I’ve been on a quest to recreate that but with what I currently have and I think I’ve cracked the code with pulsar 23.

Basically what I’m doing here is taking the envelope output of the BD track into the clock mod and then attenuate the signal to about 1/4 (9’o clock). Whenever the BD track trigs I will get a fluctuation in the clock changing the release of the BD track will add or decrease the effect depending on what I do with the envelope… the results is a really organic way of altering the clock, short release slows down the whole pattern and long release makes it go faster.

Really cool imo!

7 Likes

Hi folks just got a pulsar and going to run it with Digitakt.
My question is anyone running Pulsar with guitar pedals?
Love to hear about peoples fx routing? Anyone doing single channel out through a pedal and back in?
I think i have some patching ideas for this….

Have you solved this? I’m in the same situation but on the other side - I’ve send the device to Australia from Moscow and it stucked somewhere after leaving the country so local EMS can’t say if it’s lost or not, and anyway they will not pay back the costs of the device. Such a horror…

Also wondering are there any Tempest users who also own Pulsar? What are your thoughts?

1 Like

dis sounds quite nice : )

bazz is heavy
track is ready
(:- { )

1 Like

Hey @Tajnost, my pulsar finally arrived after about 3 months. The tracking didn’t update from the time it left Russia until the day before it arrived at my door. EMS was no help at all when both parties contacted them. When Soma contacted them they “opened a case” and said it would be between 60-90 days before they would have an update. All you can do is wait and prey :slight_smile:

Thanks for letting know! At least some hope left, situation is pretty much the same and EMS told us the same on both sides. Waiting, praying…

I do it with my eventide 7000…patch the out of desired channel to one of the 1/4 jacks in the lower left.

1 Like

My pulsar took around 86 days from Russia to Australia - praying yours turns up!

2 Likes

Just saw this, thanks for that, but Ive had the pulsar for months now, and it is still amazeballs everytime

Is this all pulsar drums??

1 Like