R.i.p. Chick Corea

chick corea died from cancer at the age of 79. another giant that will be missed. returned forever.

15 Likes

Oh wow. Such a massive influence on the world. Go easy you amazing genius.

2 Likes

Oh man :disappointed:

1 Like

It’s hard to imagine an artist with a greater influence on music word wide. I’m sure they exist, but Jebus this man was a a giant among giants …

:frowning:

3 Likes

oh no

Damn, RIP.

Crazy talented dude

3 Likes

:frowning: I only really knew him with Miles. Will give his other work a proper spin now. But he played keys in a revolution RIP :rose:

3 Likes

wtf

1 Like

My childhood hero who showed me the new sound of jazz. :cry: RIP…

1 Like

now he sings, now he sobs.

rest in peace, Chick.

1 Like

Sad to hear. Returned to forever indeed. Love his work with Stanley Clarke - Journey to love, Song to John I think it was.

1 Like

Damn… My biggest inspiration for piano and probably the reason I play. Wow, what a loss for the world.
Big C keeps taking all these legends. One day humanity will defeat it, and spare the world these tragedies.
Return to Forever my friend! I hope I get to meet you in the next gig.

2 Likes

this drum groove is my go-to warm up…
such a bummer…

3 Likes

Oh damn. What a talented keyboardist. RIP.

1 Like

This tears me apart. What talent.

1 Like

Rest in power. I was actually just listening to “Soceress” from Romantic Warrior the other night and marvelling at Chick’s synth/keys work on that track.

2 Likes

:cry:

1 Like

Rest in peace
The electric band will miss you
HUGE influence, to the likes of Davis, Coltrane

RIP and… thank you :pray:

The family’s post included a farewell message from Corea to his friends, fans and fellow musicians.

“I want to thank all of those along my journey who have helped keep the music fires burning bright,” he wrote. “It is my hope that those who have an inkling to play, write, perform or otherwise, do so. If not for yourself then for the rest of us. It’s not only that the world needs more artists, it’s also just a lot of fun.”

5 Likes