Radiohead

All right, I’m in!

Names of the new songs?

Edit: I am Citizen Insane already out there:

1 Like

Thats my thinking too (Ice Age is pretty obvs) but I’m not up on the hitherto live only/unreleased tracks…

Edit to your edit: Nice! Seems Fog on that record is also an Amnesiac B-Side. Maybe it’s “just” all the collected B-Sides together…

1 Like

In the late 90s already i saw them at Pukkelpop festival in Belgium. Yorke plays the first chords of Creep. Crowd screams. He stops and says “I don’t think so”. Then starts another song.

7 Likes

Fuck now i ll have creep stuck in my head for the rest of the week.

1 Like

Awhile back, I saw them in Oxford for their first homecoming gig in years. It was absolutely pissing it down, appropriately enough. Anyway, they tried Everything in its Right Place but their equipment was failing in the wet conditions. So they played Creep for the first time in years. Everyone went mental. Except for me – I fucking hate Creep and I absolutely love Everything in its Right Place.

Side note, other bands on the line up were Bat for Lashes, Sigur Ros (before they were famous, so I spent the entire time wondering where the female vocals were coming from), Supergrass, and Beck. Not a bad day out, all in all :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I was there too. It was my first time seeing Radiohead live and it was a bloody amazing gig. One of my favourite ever days.

1 Like

Avatar checks out :white_check_mark:

Also:

ANNOUNCED!

8 Likes

Remember remember, the 5th of November. I’ll be all over this!

20 characters of FUCK.YES.

I am beyond ecstatic. That teaser track is mighty tasty.

1 Like

Awesome. I know all the b-sides but there is a lot of unreleased material hopefully

2 Likes

Gah. Bollocks.
That’s me £120 lighter that I didn’t anticipate spending today.

2 Likes

Pre-order for the limited 3x red vinyl is up on Bleep, can’t wait!

1 Like

Nice! Extra info culled from Bleep:

KID A MNESIA collects Radiohead’s fourth and fifth albums alongside the debut of a newly compiled third disc titled Kid Amnesiae. Exclusive to this release, Kid Amnesiae is comprised of unearthed material culled from the Kid A / Amnesiac sessions. Along with alternate versions and elements of Kid A and Amnesiac album tracks and B-Sides, Kid Amnesiae features the never-before-heard "If You Say the Word” and a previously unreleased studio recording of "Follow Me Around.”

Also, the track listing for the third record:

Kid Amnesiae

1. Like Spinning Plates (‘Why Us?’ Version)
  2. Untitled v1
  3. Fog (Again Again Version)
  4. If You Say the Word
  5. Follow Me Around
  6. Pulk/Pull (True Love Waits Version)
  7. Untitled v2
  8. The Morning Bell (In the Dark Version)
  9. Pyramid Strings
  10. Alt. Fast Track
  11. Untitled v3
  12. How to Disappear into Strings
2 Likes

That cassette book looks lovely.

You can listen to If You Say the Word on streaming now.

It’s not the no-stone-unturned amount of material I’d been hoping for (maybe massive 50th anniversary box??) but I’m seriously looking forward to this.

1 Like

It does. Had to resist and went for the “Scarry book” cream vinyl version and the art catalogue.
Can’t wait.

1 Like

Same self Christmas present.

1 Like

Same here, chief! I also bought the paperback. A Radiohead fan and his money are soon parted.

3 Likes

For various reasons I’m going to hold off on vinyl but that is a helluva package.

I just went for the double cassette version in the end. I doubt it’ll ever get listened to as it comes with a digital download. But still, it looks amazing.