Reason 12 is coming... GOTcha

My two fave things in reason, aside from the CV system and the ReGroove mixer, are Malmström and the RV-7000. If those are included in the lite version, thats already worth IMO

1 Like

Yes it worth the price you will miss few things like “Granular Synthesis” and “SSL mixing Tools” (of course some crazy synth and racks but that’s not the same price and I prefer the suite so… pricing tag fly directly). But you can easily replace :

1. http://sound-guru.com/software/mangle/
  2. https://www.thomann.de/fr/waves_ssl_g_master_buss_compressor.htm
  3. https://www.thomann.de/fr/waves_puigtec_eqs.htm

A good deluxe/suite combo would be Reason Rack (from Intro version) then Softube Console 1 mk2 and a second screen you could rotate in vertical to put your rack on it … Instead of the suite, sounding wise. (not creative wise because there’s really good synth, creative tools, drum machine and effects in the suite version)

1 Like

Thanks everyone :slight_smile:

Definitely going to give the demo a blast

1 Like

You absolutely right in terms of investing smartly. We usually forget the whole experience when spending money. For instance, lastly i want XLN XO because I know how many time it will save me - my workflow will be enhanced. I have friends who laughed at me saying it’s too expensive but they can trow the same amount on their UAD plugins or iPad apps. Considering the AI searching feature, the drum machine and the 12000 drums coming with it… it’s not that expensive. But I will get it to enhance my workflow.

Enhance the Sound, be sure about the sound in terms of neutrality-reference (monitors, headphone, acoustic treatment or sonarworks) and the workflow are really underrated in terms of investment and it’s a failed, because it’s equally important maybe the most important in the music chain.

1 Like

AAARREGG!!! I have (pretty much) the suite upgrade waiting for me, but I have a ton of non-music work to do today. The anticipation is killing me!

2 Likes

UPDATE
On a lark I tried installing it on the “family/home” computer, a 2011 iMac with like 4 gigs of ram.
To my astonishment, it worked!
I just tried out the new devices and really enjoyed them. I didn’t put much stress on the computer or program. Waiting to install on my main machine to see what it can do.

agree, with R11 as vst in Live the sound engine is the ableton one.

1 Like

I’m really impressed with the overall power of reason 11 as a Rack… I set 10 midi track, each one as a Reason Rack with plenty of devices + processing. The charge on the CPU is a joke like 10-20% and I really put a lot on it. Am I missing Quality in Preferences somewhere in each reason rack ? like Diva “Draft”, “Eco”, “Divine” or something

If not I can’t believe it :slight_smile:
I have in mind the Beta Period of it… wow nothing to compare.
It is really Incredible (at least on my iMac End 2013)

1 Like

Nope, Reason has always had insane optimization. One thing to realize is that Malström and NN-XT, for example, were released 17 years ago with Reason 2.0. This means that they were already optimized to run for multiple instances back then, let alone now.

2 Likes

Running Reason 10 on a 2009 MacBook Pro and, when sticking w native devices, barely touches dsp - love it

1 Like

I edited the head of the thread with what coming in Reason 12

7 Likes

I plan to upgrade to Reason 11 this week, which includes Reason 12 when its released. I have a lot of fond memories of Reason in past, but stopped upgrading at version 7 and have not used it much since that time.

1 Like

usually like it from long time. When i was on PC i use it rewire with cubase. Then on mac use it rewired with Ableton. I think they evolved the right way… with plugins, better audio… New devices and Reason Rack in other DAW is really convenient now i use less rewire :slight_smile: I love Bitwig recently, i still love Reason. I found that Rack third parties was a cool way to save bucks instead to buy the normal VST-AU because less expensive (like SpireRE vs Spire vst/au/aax) The rigs are also crazy bundles at great price.

So far so good, i’m wondering what this new sampler will bring on the table - granular was really fun to use.

Maybe the new combinator will be a synthesis and performance powerhorse !
Still need MPE i don’t know when they will update that because it should be as it’s already in the new midi standard - let’s see

1 Like

Never thought I’d see the day.

2 Likes

It’ll be interesting to see how much a new Combinator brings to the party. I can’t see this version having anything like as much of a game-changer as the Reason Rack Plugin within it but maybe I’ll be surprised.

My confidence in them took a bit of a knock with how messy things got for legacy owners when Reason+ first appeared - it kept activating and re-activating a subscription I didn’t want.

I still don’t like how cramped and awkward the UI feels on a single screen. Both Live and Bitwig I find much better on a laptop for example. That said, I still love how optimised all the instruments are and ReDrum is the only ITB drum machine I’ve ever enjoyed programming.

1 Like

I’m quite looking forward to it. I’ve been on and off with reason over the years but the tiny GUI is still annoying. I’ve bought piles of REs that don’t get much use although occasionally with the VST version.

If they properly sort out scaleable GUI so I can use standalone version with full width rack and potentially have a resizable VST version AND get brand new combinator and a fun new sampler then that’ll be worth the usual upgrade price.

If I can unlock the value of all those REs (some of which are very fun modular devices and synths that still sound great) then that’s some added value as well.

1 Like

Hardly even touched R11 so far, but I’m always curious to see how it turns out.

The upgrade sale is a decent price at the moment, so I might upgrade (skipped the last one). The subscription moves and the fact they seem to have quite quickly done away with the suite bundle in the wake of them make me hesitant, though - it makes sense that they’re going to want to incentivise subscription once they start to offer it, but the paid version already feels like it’s becoming a second-class citizen, and I don’t think introducing subs ever works out well for alternative models. Still, £90 to effectively grab three version updates is a good deal.

2 Likes

I guess every company goes that way. It killing me because I’m the kind of guy who hates locking himself up. In every DAW there are some great tools, these tools inspire me so I tend to use these strengths and so I end up with several DAWs. For example I love Alchemy which I bought from the camel audio era I was really unhappy when apple bought it. So I also have Logic Pro and I use the delay designer and space designer which I find fabulous. Operator at Ableton, The Grid at Bitwig and so… that subscription model does not suit me at all

but i also understand difficulties for company to sell digital products on the long run.

3 Likes

It’s really quite something the number of ilok required plugs I’ve seen cracked, and yet no one’s found a way to load the alchemy component in a daw other than logic, lol.

1 Like