Restrictions are for the dreamless

Me neither, but that’s what I think about all keyboard versions of desktop synths, unless they’re adding something else on top. Some people have the space and just like not having to switch midi channels? I dunno. I guess it makes it a better live instrument.

2 Likes

in the fashion of this crazy synth reaktor event they might have prepared this prank :wink:

4 Likes

I used to have an A4 in my livesetup. I wanted it to receive midiclock from my OT which was the brain of the whole setup, but I couldn’t do it because I had the midi-input already taken by my midi-keyboard. That could’ve been solved with a midi merger, but I decided to swap my A4 for an AK. Never been happier. Now I can receive clock and still play keys with no extra ugly doepfer boxes inbetween.

That’s only one of the many improvements AK offers over the A4.

3 Likes

Difficult to be certain from such a small photo, but looks like no LEDs above keys, look like mini keys or in between regular and mini keys, layout and overall design also don’t look quite right under scrutiny - but could just be the image.

So either

1. Fake, in which case top trolling Elektron
  2. Early pre press render
  3. Real but thumbnail image artefacts making it look weird
8 Likes

They are regular size keys.

New OS for shure

2 Likes

Thomann also leaked the name of the UNO drum and that was announced shortly after. I’d say that is a pretty good indicator for the DNkeys and the leaked pic of it to not be fake.

3 Likes

reverse is also true: dreamless are for the restrictions

2 Likes

Funny when people are looking at THE next product but don’t want to believe it. :laughing:

The hype bubble will burst soon enough.

Trust me im a doctor…
That is not real…

2 Likes

Cenk is probably already sitting there making a quick showcase video

3 Likes

i also assume that it could be a fake, cooked up after that thomann-reactor-meetup. but if it is not: we still don’t know anything about the OS underneath that thing. there might be a bigger range of engines / modulation-options / whatever!

1 Like

Dreams are for the restrictionless

2 Likes

New teaser showing a hand and the DN.

4 Likes

People usually wish for too many features. IMO we’re getting just a Digitone Keys with overbridge and new page randomisation (also for DT).

6 Likes

Without not knowing what this thing is yet, I’m still gonna put it out there that Elektron tends to overplay their hand when it comes to hype and marketing. They’re really good at whipping up a storm and pull the puppeteer strings to make the community move to the left and right and back again, but once the product is unveiled, it’s almost always “Oh, okay. We danced for this?”

8 Likes

Hmm, wheels rather than joystick? And placement of wheels so far from keyboard? Looks like 2 play/stop buttons (extra 1 above keys) 5 keys above keyboard, dunno, I remain unsure if it is real or a hoax.

Also the latest Instagram definitely has FM sounds, particularly the ratio being swept is a giveaway, but also that strange vocal has some unnatural sounding pitch modulation, similar to autotune or variphrase or vocal synthesis, and if the vocal wasn’t relevant to the product maybe it would not have been in all 3 clips.

Or maybe I’m over thinking :rofl:

3 Likes

For me it isn’t a case of not wanting to believe, just that I am not convinced yet.

1 Like

yea if the vocal isn’t part of the units abilities in some way it should have been left out. cause it sounds wicked :smile:

Yeah the vocal, at first teaser vid I thought it has to be a part of the machine engine if they showed it on the video. But now I’m thinking it’s just too much to expect, to have a sample playback engine in DN KEYS

1 Like