Roland TR-06 Boutique

Quick question : Are the Sounds Parameters saved with the Patterns?

No

The only thing memorized is the sequencer data. Just like a TR-606.

2 Likes

What confuses me is what Bo Beats said :

So, if I understand correctly, when you turn off the TR-06 and turn it back on, it turns on in the last state before turning it off but that doesnā€™t mean that the Sounds Parameters were saved with the Patterns.

The sounds and parameters have 1 state, so whatever the current state is remains until changed.

2 Likes

It would have been a Perfect Drum Machine if we could have saved Kits.

Yup, I was hoping they would be able to be saved but wasnā€™t expecting it, as the others donā€™t have it.

1 Like

The TR-06 would be perfect for me if it had a sidechain effect on the audio input whenever the kick is triggered like on the TR-8S.

You mean save different types of 606 and 606 hybrid kits? With different effects etc?
TR8-S owners engage smug grin mode now

Yes.

Can you explain what that means? Iā€™m not familiar with that expression.

i think tr8 does it tooā€¦ and the sidechain thingā€¦
probably dont sound as good but theyre around Ā£250 ish with 606 expansion.

and has scatter (yehā€¦ it can sound rubbish , though its lowest bpm and mangling the encoders can do some weirdness).

I assumed the TR-06 was a 1:1 digital emulation of the 606. Turns out it has a million additions. Pretty impressive. Only thing holding me back is the ā€˜LED divingā€™.

ā€¦the lack of Kits.

Yea, I am hurting for kits as well.

It kinda makes me want a TR-6S, and while I donā€™t want to lose the mix input of the 06, a TR-6S could maybe replace both the 06 and my Model Samples, so I wouldnā€™t need the extra mix input anyway.

Then again, Iā€™d lose a ton of real-time knob per function if I went that route. So I think I need to spend some time with the MS paired to the 06 and see if that yields productive results, with 06 focused on more live flair kinda sounds (clap/snare fills, hat progressions)

Why not an 8S, size?

I prefer the more compact boxes, especially when they can be battery powered.
Plus I donā€™t have a lot of desk space.

1 Like

The 8S is big. But dayumā€¦ its so good :drooling_face:

1 Like

Thank you for changing your avatar, I can now read your valuable posts with my eyes open. :laughing:

4 Likes

How does the power switch feel on your units? Mine has very little resistance, bordering on flimsyā€¦
Definitely in contrast with the rest of the unit which feels pretty solid.

No issues here, it feels the same as my other Boutiques. It wiggles up and down a little, like they all do, but thereā€™s a positive ā€œnotchā€ resistance between off and on in both directions.

Yeah, I think going with the 8S was a rare smart move on my part, as thereā€™s a good chance not having one would have resulted in more money (and space) being spent overall on smaller, cheaper gear like the 06 or 6S - and at street prices, itā€™s not really a huge difference in price. Iā€™m still tempted by the 06, because it seems like a really nice and effective little design, but the 8S is enough to fend that off.