Roland TR-06 Boutique

I sold my TR-8S replaced with a TR-6S and Tanzbär OG (rebuy). I like saving kits on 6S but 1-16 buttons are too close together, variation feature is almost useless. Kinda wish I went the 06 route…

1 Like

You need to look at the specifications lists. That’s where the answers are.
TR6s cannot send triggers, use probability, and more. How much more I leave to you to discover on your own, by comparing their capabilities, as an educational exercise.

1 Like

Soundwise I don’t feel there any difference between the 06 and 6s.

Kinda funny, I think variation feature is a big + on 6s. Editing a variation while another plays is something.

1 Like

Have you A/Bd them? Or read all of this thread?

It’s pretty well documented that the ACB model in the TR-06 is (clearly audibly) different to the one they have previously used in the TR-8 & 8S. I’ve not seen anything to suggest they’ve used the 06 ACB model in the 6S and not the 8S ACB model.

1 Like

CDM’s take on TR-06 vs TR-6S vs MC vs. whatever.

I think a bunch of us disagree with what he says about MC-101 but that’s another topic

So you telling me there’s FM synthesis in my TR-06? That’s what no difference means… I gotta check this out!

I dug it on 8S (8 dedicated spaced out buttons) but the buttons feel way crammed on 6S (I have normal sized fingers). Almost wished they’d went with a 2x8 grid like the MC-101.

I meant for the 606 sounds of course…

1 Like

Sorry but I couldn’t find this info - the alternative sounds, does someone have a summary of what they are? Eg. 808 kick, 909 clap etc.

Cheers

Kick and snare has 606, 808, 909 versions, other sounds are as below, IIRC rim is 808.

:

2 Likes

Old post to resurrect I know, but I was digging through this thread and heard this track. It sounds meaty. Are you using anything special for the bass/low end or is just coming from the tr06?

nothing more than the processing I listed in the earlier post

did anyone used the tr06 to trigger eurorack drum modules? Does it work great? I can see this little fellow an alternative to euro trigger sequencers like the steppy.

But tr06 has no DIN SYNC out, right?

I haven’t used it for Eurorack, but I’m sure I saw one of the demo videos show it triggering some euro stuff. I’ve used it to successfully trigger my homemade mechanical percussion setup.

No DIN sync.

1 Like

That’s the one!

MIDI CC 81 is OH decay - TR-06 doesn’t seem to listen to this CC or it doesn’t have any effect (whereas manually changing OH decay on the device does)

can anyone please confirm?

there’s a setting to disconnect OH / CH decay from each other. I don’t remember the exact setting in there but that should fix it.

Thanks for your reply - I did play with this setting but it only affects time and level unfortunately

Another issue that has popped up is that when I first turn on the unit it is very quiet- until I “touch” the volume knob on the unit.

It is as if it doesn’t remember where the volume knob is set to when it’s first turned on and need to be “reminded”