Roland TR-06 Boutique

Haha yep, will upload soon. I’m currently in the middle of a uni assignment so a bit busy!

3 Likes

:heart_eyes:

I am still on the fence for a TR06 or not. I had one for testing here when it came out but I returned it for several reasons.

:slight_smile:

13 Likes

Loving the MIDI control too. It’s very nice that it sends out note data; I was able to create this visualiser in TouchDesigner where the “player” moves every time a kick or snare hits, with other notes changing various things in the field. Then, when the player touches an item, control data is sent back, like changing the distortion amount, or the pitch, or other variations.

I kinda wish it allowed for changing sounds via MIDI CCs though; that would make the visualiser more interesting for sure.

11 Likes

Finally had a chance to listen to this one and I have to say really good things about it. The amount of mileage you get out of just the TR06 and M:C is pretty impressive - the TR06 with such nice but familiar sounds contrasts beautifully with the M:C which has more scope to be atypical. Mind you, the bit somewhere in the middle with the housey chords from what I presume is the chord machine is peak 1989!

1 Like

Agree! Especially contrasting with the ‘crunch’ of the 606.

I really enjoyed the first part on a windy commute.

2 Likes

Thanks guys! Appreciate the donations as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Really keen to hear about folks’ impressions of triggering the TR 06 via midi.
I’m hoping to snag one in the next couple of months to use with Teletype & i2c2midi as, hopefully, a no nonsense solid drum machine. Love the sound and look and 90% sure its what I’m looking for.

I’ve used VST equivalents in the past in Ableton etc in the past, but honestly the “prep” of setting up and mapping sounds pulled me out the groove and find its nice to be away from the computer most of the time.

For the same reasons, for now anyway, I’d like to stick to a solid sound, with all the complex sequencing coming from Tele. No matter how hard the heart yearns for a machinedrum.

would love to hear from you.

1 Like

It works btw! Loving it!

10 Likes

wow, cute setup!

2 Likes

Still badly wanting one of these…

1 Like

I’m still really into it. Definitely one of the most fun drum machines I’ve used.

2 Likes

For the ModGrid heads, here’s what’s in the rack :slight_smile:
Alm mini rack 6u 52hp - Eurorack Modular System from obakegaku on ModularGrid
If you’re curious about sound, have a nose around here.

1 Like

Found one brandnew in a Czech online store for 305€…

And here in Switzerland a price dropped to 259 CHF (€250)…

2 Likes

Slowly getting there with some interesting patterning with the TR06 via teletype+i2c2midi :smiley:

New update! Oh, wait..

3 Likes

:joy:

Is there any way to request the alternative sounds over MIDI? (That there are no kits is already known)

It would be neat if they had extended the MIDI notes received along the keyboard for the variations, like the MFB 301…

Bump version number for nothing… nice :heart_eyes: