Roland TR-8S - (New TR-8 with user samples and individual outs)

I think it’s a matter of recording step automation (p-locking effectively) which can also be done on the ACB sound.

It’s done in one of the Roland tutorials.

I am considering selling the OP-1 to fund getting this…
seeing as I never actually use it
I know I’ll miss it once it’s gone (even tho I never use it)

Noooo Not the OP1! so much more versatile!

1 Like

actually now I think about it all the new features I don’t actually need so I can probably just get a cheap tr8 now instead. win/win situation

yes USD $699 MAP but street price would bring it down to $650
about $50 cheaper than DT

2 Likes

Digitone and TR8s…two completely different machines. One a Hipster modernized retro drumbox with hasty added Sample import. The other one a well thought Out FM workhorse with the best UI a FM Synth ever had! Apples and Oranges.

So many Tr8’s going up for sale :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

I was really keen on this but after watching every video on YouTube the sound is not doing it for me. Will really need to see this one in a shop and spend some time with it

I guess this or a mother32 or a ModelD+Nuetron. All around the same price… hmm

Looks really nice. SD card, stereo sample support, individual audio outputs and the fx.

Not sure this is a fair statement. In my eyes this looks like a very capable tool focused on what customers want. Accurate enough reproductions of those formative x0x sounds that have made a lot of live acts replace their vintage originals with the - albeit hideous - TR8, what looks like a greatly enhanced sequencer, faders and a pragmatic approach to sample import via SD card. It even looks OKish compared to it’s older sibling. I wouldn’t buy a Digitakt today with this available at the projected price point. Especially so in light of Elektron’s recent track record in the QC department.

4 Likes

Stigmatizing users is never a sign of fair statement for sure… :roll_eyes:

I know how great is the TR8 for impros, this sequel will happily compliment my Digi|Takt|Tone setup :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah i think it’s a great companion to a DT+DN setup. So glad they put plocks on it. Pushes it into the very interesting territory for me.
Going to load up some samples on an SD card and check one out :grin:

Wonder how the compressor sounds and if it can be a master FX

1 Like

Or maybe they just want to showcase some of the awesome female musicians that are woefully underrepresented? Why so cynical?

17 Likes

Stereo samples :+1:
See it’s not to much to ask Elektron :smirk:

2 Likes

So if I use an SP-404A or SX with an SD card, one of them that goes for that wifi part in it.

And I record some stuff into the 404.

And I use da computah to copy those files over to the computah, but without removing the card from the 404 since I’ve got one of them fancy wifi SD cards (I don’t, but in this scenario, I do).

And I got a similar fancy SD car in that TR-8S, so I can copy from da computah into the TR-8S.

Does this essentially mean I’ve just created a completely wireless rig, as far as sampling, and transfer of those samples from one to the other, are concerned?

Will this work? I’ve heard some Deluge users apply a similar workflow, since the Deluge is basically structured around XML-files and reads like any folder, but perhaps the file format of the Deluge is part of the reason why it works there.

The TR8S makes the Rytm MK2 look ridiculously overpriced. 700 euros vs 1700. Crazy.

5 Likes

$1100 vs $2500 in australia. ar 1 is still about 2g new. heaps of tr8 online for between 4 and 500 now too but I think that price will get lower. this could work out very well for me.

Absolutely. Hopefully Elektron will rectify this by continuing to add features to AR MK2.

1 Like

No feature is worth 1000 euros.

Wonder if Roland will update the SP404 with a similar screen so you can see the wave form?