Roland TR-8S - (New TR-8 with user samples and individual outs)

Seperate outs… drunk jammin’ friendly interface too.

1 Like
  • stereo samples, ACB modelled drums, 3 extra parts, more fx.

Different beasts I think, both have benefits over the other.

+1 @jb well said.

FX per track?

Dammit you guys, I’m trying to avoid GAS, not intensify it. :smiley:

1 Like

The old one Model had that already too and fx could be motion recorded.

Ok , hopefully my last post on this thread .
I’m just a bloke morning on a forum making unfinished bleeps on an iPad , I’m quite aware it takes talent to be successful which is hopefully why the relevant artists were chosen .this isn’t a dig at any artist .
Nothing I’ve written questions the ability of the musicians involved , if I ever got the chance to release my music/play live I’d hope / expect it to be on quality of music.
I know within the text above it could be taken in positive / negative way , taken out if context or ignored.

You may be pleased to know I’ve just picked up my tablets so i may be more rational soon.
This comment is a statement of fact , not a side swipe to mental health , please let’s get back on topic which I wrongly diverted from.

I won’t post in this thread anymore .i didn’t intend to offend anyone .

5 Likes

ACB (analogue circuit behaviour). A velocity sensitive pad.

I only get gas when I hear 2 magic words serialized.

Separate.
Outputs.

7 Likes

Eight. Eight!

3 Likes

its a drum machine that can import 24bit 96khz wave files :wink: name me one other other drum machine that can do that.

TR-8s has 11 tracks, DT only 8.

Well, technically DT has 16 tracks. It can only produce sound for 8 of them. Which brings up an interesting question; can you sequence external gear with the TR-8S?

1 Like

24bit 96khz wave file import function to start with.

Well, that’s something I don’t really care about. Don’t have any samples with that resolutions anyway.

3 Likes

oh, i care a lot about that function and the Digitakt doesn’t have it.

I would have been fine if Roland had released a TR-8 Mk II instead with no sample playback at all.

Its ancestor the TR-808 was popular for certain sounds, but it was also popular because of the workflow. A drum machine you can just on and make beats quickly without diddling around w/ samples (a near endless pursuit of the perfect snare sample, the perfect cymbal, etc - loading, auditioning, and rejecting samples over and over) does have a certain appeal…

guess what… you can still do this !

1 Like

Yeah, just making the point that I would have been fine if all the upgrades were there, minus the sample playback.

Separate outs is not important for you either ? variations ? Even without the samples, this thing is a nice upgrade to the previous model, don’t you think ?