Roland TR-8S - (New TR-8 with user samples and individual outs)

I like the upgrades. I’m just saying I would have liked them - as well - if the upgrades did not include sample playback.

I try to practice Spanish and French. Perhaps I can restate my post in one of those languages if it will be clearer to you.

What’s the release date?

This Friday.

yep wrong person, sorry about that. Its important to me as i record at 96khz. It isn’t even that high res to be honest.

1 Like

Thanks, your english is fine.

Cos you can load wonky nonsense and sequence it.

I’ve got my Octatrack for that.

But don’t let me stop you from doing the same on the new Roland

Prices are tumbling even further, a new record low: 290 CHF = 249 EUR (without expansion)

http://www.tutti.ch/tessin-de/musik/instrumente/angebote/roland-aira-tr-8_20188790.htm

2 Likes

So just out of curiosity, would you not be interested at all if this thing had no sample loading?

Maybe it’s time to start a new genre based on the TR-16, TR-24, TR-32, etc.

Cool! I’ll keep an eye out. Thanks

Yes. Each track instrument, instrument alt sound, and the trigger track can be assigned a single MIDI note number. So, drum sequencing is possible but melodic sequencing would be fiddly and limited.

6 Likes

Yes, exactly this. IMO the new seq features are the big deal in TR8S. I’ve often wished for a way to be able to edit the ”next” pattern before switching to it, very happy such a feature is about to become a ”standard” in the future.

3 Likes

no sample locks, limited sample manipulation capabilities… nah, not even close. DT is clearly the superior sample unit here.

But purely as a drum machine, the TR8S might be a better unit, the seq has some rather good tricks for drum programming, especially for off-the-cuff improv. And TR8S has negative shuffle :diddly:

3 Likes

No, still interested. And I’d happily swap samples for conditional trigs.

We think alike here. :sunglasses:

just sequence the TR8S with a DT to get both :diddly: (You could simulate sample locking by making different kits with party altered sounds, and send pgm chng msgs to the TR8S via DT MIDI)

2 Likes

TR-8S. Microtiming? Can I nudge a note back or forth? Create my own swing?

Yeah but I’m pretty sure Roland would have a way to back up the device :joy:
As it loads stereo samples you probably get further with it than a Digitakt standalone

dumb question. What’s the huge deal with stereo samples?

1 Like