Roland TR-8S - (New TR-8 with user samples and individual outs)

Everyone spam bomb Roland with feature requests for that, and sampling too :rofl:

2 Likes

No chance.
That would be like Elektron making the Digitakt stereo or adding drum synthesis.
Thatā€™s money to be made elsewhere

I think itā€™s quite possible considering Roland brought us the MC-303, MC-505, and MC-909 way back when. Theyā€™re no stranger to the Groovebox concept, and they incrementally improved their design until the market was no longer of interest to them.

The TR-8S is only $699 retail; imagine what they could make at the $999 or $1299 price point. I think there would be quite a demand for it right now.

1 Like

Except if your marketing strategy is to take the most possible customer from concurent brand, in order to hurt them, as hard as possible, and in the same time making more money . Bit like an opa. In fact this sort of thing happen really often.

On the roland mx-1 you can change the sample rate, which also converts attached gear on the usb link :grin:

Yeah, donā€™t fool yourself into believing that Korg is going to take this sitting down.

Good for us. Deluge mpc this and next?? Look like elektron seem less and less alone on his groovebox segment, even if their stuff stay a bit above, to me, for instance.

1 Like

FYI: the ā€œoldā€ TR8 still works, I made music with it tonight and recorded a little minimalistic techno track from a studio session. Sounds are from the TR8, SH01a, Moog Sub37 and my Eurorack.

5 Likes

Couldnā€™t you just buy and add a few of those shitty boutique clones for around the same cost?

Defeat the groovebox minimalistic sex apple

1 Like

Youā€™d have to find a way to sequence them too.

1 Like

Also, they already make workstation keyboards. Itā€™s not like theyā€™re afraid a workstation effects the sales of their other devices. A groovebox is like a workstation for electronic producers.

Yeah like I said they are a business like Elektron, and where possible will always make you spend more money for the features you require

Yep exactly if you want more than one feature fork out a few grand for one of their workstations

Jeez this thing is $1100 in Oz.
No way I would pay that much for it

3 Likes

Isnā€™t that a Volca FM?

Itā€™s relative though, all gear is really expensive here

Yeah for some reason I was thinking it was only about $800 Oz.
Still looks a little plasticky and toy like for the money they are asking

Yup I agree it doesnā€™t look like a 1100 machine. Also it doesnā€™t sound that flash to me either. But I will withhold judgement until I see one irl

I wait for a democlip from Kinkā€¦ then I will preorderā€¦:slight_smile:
The way he made beats on the TR-8 was great,I do expect him to do even better on the new TR-8S
Somehow the design with all the faders and direct access is appealing to meā€¦
The price is ok, not exactly cheap but okā€¦

2 Likes