Roland TR-8S - (New TR-8 with user samples and individual outs)

I really want to hear how this sounds going through an Analog Heat.

3 Likes

Huh. I thought some of them were quite good. Theyā€™re all way better than anything I can do :wink:

It comes with a printed manual, but the ā€œproperā€ reference manual is a PDF youā€™ll find on Rolandā€™s website only.

1 Like

The comp knob on the TR-8 was basically just increasing the gain. On the TR-8S you get a proper compressor that you can set the balance to the Ctrl knob. You can then flip the Ctrl knob back/forth between Attack and Compressor to change values.

2 Likes

Maybe I was a little harsh there. In terms of sheer programming skills youā€˜re probably right, musically I like very few of them.

1 Like

Looked at tr8 last night, your right I donā€™t use the compressor much! Decay always messing with though. 8s is what the 8 always needed to be.

2 Likes

Can I just be inflammatory for a minute?

The TR-8S is a way funner drum machine than any Elektron Iā€™ve used. There. I said it. With all due respect. :smile:

This things super bad ass. And fun.

Note. I did not say more complex, or deep, or feature rich. Just funner.

5 Likes

Thems fightin words round here :joy:

3 Likes

You gotta be kidding, I was just looking for this but I told myself I post too much stupid shit and really I donā€™t care what gear people use itā€™s just funny for me to pretend Iā€™m die hard Octatrackā€¦ :joy:
So I wasnā€™t going to post it but now since you said something:

3 Likes

Haha i love stupid shit, canā€™t you tell :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Fun overload would be an OT and TR-8S. OT sends sync to the 8S and the 8S back into the OT for real time sampling and other stuff. Whoa whoa whoAā€¦

Now thatā€™s a shoot out!

3 Likes

I had this going with tr8. It all got too much, the machines turned on me and I had to hide under the bed until my wife came home. Canā€™t wait till next time.

Iā€™m not sure how I feel about the old school 303 vibes, but I wanted to try somethingā€¦

4 Likes

Same thoughts here
Absolutely grinning as I go though different tracks of mine with TR8S in where the RYTM used to be
I came up on oldschool TR machines, this is bliss. Love the 8 variations, fills and sliders!

3 Likes

So far Iā€™ve just had it synced to a Tempest, Digitone and Avalon, amazing combo!
Sounds so punchy, mixes really wellā€¦
Digitone and this TR8S have instantly rejuvenated me creatively

2 Likes

Sorry for going off topic, but here you go

My wife came into my studio last night and immediately said my drums sounded better with my new drum machine.

4 Likes

Has anyone tried using param locks on the reverb/delay levels yet. It doesnā€™t seem to work for me.

128 kits per project.

Can u have more than 1 project saved on sd card?

Conceptually, thereā€™s no such thing as a ā€œprojectā€ in the TR-8S. Its internal memory will hold 128 patterns in 8 banks of 16 and 128 kits.

You can backup and restore its entire memory to your SD card. When you do a backup you can enter any filename you like.