Roland TR-8S - (New TR-8 with user samples and individual outs)

Just when I was actually counting days that I didn’t want or need new gear…fucking Roland comes with this.

“Don’t be silly. You know I’m gonna buy it!”

3 Likes

I’m not even trying to stop myself… I’m already thinking about what I will sell to make space for it.

2 Likes

does anyone know if this has pattn offset like elektrons? no conditrigs?

I see what you do here… but please let me think I still need my beloved DT :joy:

I’m doing the same… think it’s going to have to be the SP404SX…
Maybe a Mac mini too…
Oh and there’s a boss drum module in a box somewhere that can go…
And a stack of casio and Yamaha keyboards…
:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Can’t see this replacing the DT.
Loading up single cycle waveforms and also chopping up bigger samples is killer on the DT.
The two together though is a drum machine powerhouse.

1 Like

I’ll probably sell the Analog Four as I much prefer the DT+Blofeld combo soundwise. But still… how many drum machines is too many ? :joy:

Probably 4? :grimacing::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You don’t need this you make heaters with your DJS 1000 already, but go ahead.

1 Like

This one’s a no-brainer. Every single person you know is going to have one.

5 Likes

Man. I’m a sucker like the rest of us here. It’s new. It’s new. It’s new. Gotta have it. :slight_smile:

Thanks btw!

1 Like

I’m gonna test one of these in store if I like the feel will probably drop sell the digtakt to fund it.

I think you can buy cheap used digitakts very easily in near future.
… and then overbridge drops :grin:

I think as a drum machine it beats (pun intended) Digitakt hands down, but as we know the Digitakt is capable of a fair bit more than just being a drum machine, so I guess it all comes down to what you need.

Hats off to Roland for hands on interface, individual track lengths, outs assignable as triggers, Aira link (which is what Overbridge should be like IMHO) effects per sound, SD card, and the sequencing parts.

Hats off to Elektron for chromatic mode, midi sequencing, sound locks, sampling/editing, and trig conditions.

UK price is same for both, there can be only 1 winner - unless you get both :rofl:

5 Likes

Damn it!!! Why did I look at this thread!? :hugs:

Caved in as well and ordered from Red Dog, they are expecting stock this Friday/early next week.

2 Likes

I’m standing firm at the moment - due to space, but there might well be a cull coming to fix that!

Either way though gear like this is needed to raise the bar, distillation of performance/usability/power to meet the needs of modern electronic music production and performance.

1 Like

I’m floored by the optimism of unreleased “new” products.
It’s such a heavy contrast to the apocalyptic meltdowns over waiting on features.

7 Likes

Think I will be getting rid of the TR-09 and no more gas for the TR-08. Buying those those 2 boutiques at retail price would be around the price of the TR8s.

yeah. It seems that the TR-8S has the improved ACB of the newer Boutiques - in which case my TR-09 can go to a new home.