Roland TR-8S - (New TR-8 with user samples and individual outs)

They’re locked in. There’s some really good ones in there though. I use a lot more beyond the ACB kits. It’s certainly not a detractor for me that you can’t remove them.

2 Likes

One quick question:
Can I route the audio from external in to any of the outputs?
Thanks!

Yes, this can be done in the Kit Output options which lets you route any track, including the external input, to any mono output 1-6 or stereo pair A-C.

3 Likes

Does the Tr8s sync well, say to Akai Force?

Don’t know but presume so as it does with everything else. I love it and will never sell my TR8S because it’s a great live performance drum (and more) machine that works so nicely with the somewhat more programmed bleeps, bits and sweetly-sequenced sounds my Elektron produce :-)))

1 Like

Im not sure I could get rid of my machinedrum and I just have the basic ver1. I have the Tr8S, MD and Rytm and I use them all.

2 Likes

Sounds an amazing setup!

What are your thoughts on the Roland TR8S is it a beast a workhorse drum machine?

Depends how you use it.
Depends on your definition of workhorse.

Reliable, well built, easy to use? Yes.

Hi guys! I am trying to install the driver on win 7 and it tells me that windows requires a digitally signed driver… wtf??

Can’t you click somewhere to install regardless?

No… :frowning:

Huh, weird^^ Seems you can turn it off, tho.

That’s what I found. If you downloaded the driver from Roland, I’d assume it’s safe to install it that way…

1 Like

Thanks so much! I greatlly appreciate!
Thing is I am not too great with computers…I don’t know if I can do that… :roll_eyes:
That s one of the reasons I work hardware…besides interface tactiability/feel and character.

If the driver is from Rolands website, it shouldn’t cause any issues. It just means Roland did not bother about driver certificates. I’m pretty sure there used to be a button to install drivers regardless, but seems like Microsoft changed that.

Seems like other Roland drivers also require this workaround…

1 Like

Windows 10 didn’t bitch at me about driver signing when I installed it. It could be that Roland did not waste money paying for the driver signature program that Microsoft runs as Windows 7 is end of life. You probably should be running Windows 10 at this point. Upgrades used to be free with a 7 or 8 key. Not sure they are anymore but you could look into that.

Disabling driver signature enforcement permanently is not something that a person with little computer skills would want to noodle around with either.

2 Likes

Yeah, better just turn it back on after that driver is installed.

Btw, I didn’t find anything about the TR8s driver and a digitally signed driver issue, but I found it regarding the TR8 driver.
@shinobi you didn’t download the TR8 driver by mistake?

1 Like

No, it’s the TR8S.

1 Like

Is it a way to control A,B,C…H. parts from another device like say Force or Mpc?
Thanks!

In what way? There’s no variation selection through MIDI. You can do pattern changes though.

1 Like