Rumour: new Korg Volca(s)

Volca variable state filterbank. A volca 770 filterbank with ring mod would be A-OK as well.

1 Like

An interesting thing to note is that whatever new Volcas Korg creates will be sans the influence of Tatsuya Takahashi for better or worse.

Yeah, thatā€™s kind of the elephant in the room, isnā€™t it? Hopefully his influence is still there, even if he himself isnā€™t. Iā€™m cautiously optimistic.

yeah, IIRC tats stated in an interview that he will still be ā€consultingā€ Korg, so there is hope of things being on track.

2 Likes

Imagine if they took a 0-Coast approach and made an affordable semi modular. That could be really cool.

7 Likes

Bastl Kastle

2 Likes

A really cool device, but deals in lofi sounds Iā€™m not as interested in. :slight_smile:

Works great as an LFO

2 Likes

My thoughts on the volca series as well.

Donā€™t be weird man. Itā€™s not a competition, just idle chat about bleepy boxes.

Eh?

Your narky response, perhaps I misinterpreted it - in which case I apologise. :slight_smile:

Nothing narky about it. We are allowed to have opinions.

Good idea. Iā€™m eying an A4 mkii at the moment, perhaps by yearā€™s end. Iā€™m thinking Iā€™ll spend the next couple of months playing around with my Volca Keys, Bass, and Kick and sampling them into the Digitakt. Iā€™ll keep any I canā€™t live without and sell the others to help finance the A4.

1 Like

maybe volca beats 2 , multiple outs, improved sounds. ?
volca fx , tempo syncd lofi delay , reverb , flange ā€¦ although a lot of older fx units are very cheap and perhaps better alternatives.

volca gas , its everything you want , has a few things missing so that people can argue on forums and try to show how much of an expert they are and how their synth design would be much better , even though they just sit on a forum and complain instead of making it.

2 Likes

Volca gas

Volca Modal

As much as I dislike Volcas I reckon they should bring out a physical modelling unit next. Standalone Mutable elements / Intellijel Plonk in a little box would do well I think.

While I appreciate the sounds the Volca FM and Volca Sample gave me, I hated their user interface with a vengeance and I donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever buy one again.

1 Like

Maybe a ā€˜prologueā€™, a polyphonic analog synth in the line of the mini- and monologue. With more voices and expanded filter and modulation options!? I enjoy Korg synths, innovative and cheap!

Indeed, I love my Radias, fairly recent acquisition but I wish Iā€™d got one years ago. :slight_smile:

1 Like