Rytm king of drum synths

I ran an informal poll and Rytm garnered the most votes as best drum synth of 2023 with the Roland TR8s and Elektron Syntakt coming in 2nd and 3rd place.

6 Likes

Cheers Geoff.

Well that’s put my mind at rest.

12 Likes

When are you running the formal poll?

1 Like

I lick poles.

2 Likes

I’m more into Latvians, but you lick who you like son.

7 Likes

omfg

I feel you bro.

Made in Latvia

3 Likes

No tongues.

3 Likes

it’s not ready for it yet.

1 Like

…tempest is king…rytm is queen…syntakt is prince…lxr is princess…

a4 is the fronkensteen monsta…

2 Likes

(just gonna leave this here)

Edit: being cheeky but I will say this- if the Mbrane channel on the AB was a little less membrane and a little more DFAM it would be the undisputed king of drum synthesis IMO.

5 Likes

FB group here

1 Like

agree I love my Jomox bass drum eurorack module fed into the Mutant Hot glue compression and distortion so beefy! Favorite bass drum ever. Rytm has great overall package. I think the Elektron sequencer, effects engine and so forth just makes it perfect all arounder. I am others have the chef’s kiss in certain areas like DFAM, Jomox, Perkons and so forth. Roland scored well as did Syntakt.

I love the Tempest that I played some years ago aside from quirky user interface and shame it went out of production. My dream would be for a re-issue modern version of the Oberheim DMX and Linndrum machines. That would go well with the Oberheim OB X8 in my studio.

ok pole licker :slight_smile:

No wolf?! I can’t even take this pole serious. Or poll for that matter.

5 Likes

I want an LXR to play with my Roland TR08 and TB03 on my desk during lunch breaks. Maybe next year. Less expensive than the Perkons.

I had imagined a lot of heavy breathing and anonymous phone calls

2 Likes

ROTFLMAO! It was just a quick poll nothing major man.

1 Like