School me on modern hip hop

2 Likes

Wow. This is special. Thank you for tuning me in. This is so inspiring.

Anything Earthgang related, J.I.D and Bas specifically.

New Nas is fuego too.
If you listen to rap in spanish i would suggest anything Homegrown Mafia, specifically Aleman (check the view count, whole ass generation on this)

Also check Snow da Product who code switches between english and spanish

Brap

2 Likes

Damn I can’t even begin to explain how much I resonate with you on this and your last couple before this. Anyone that knows me well in real life has been lectured to by me about this multiple times haha like word for word some of the things you said I literally say on a daily basis :facepunch:

1 Like

Seconding J.I.D./Earthgang :fire:

My favourite beat ever:

3 Likes

I’ll let you look him up yourself, and he has been around for a while, but I recently got back into listening to Saul Williams. Trent Reznor produced his second album, great version of Sunday Bloody Sunday on it. His new stuff is great too.

2 Likes

I love sharing this, can’t stop listening to it

The entire album is a gem, and there’s so much brilliant stuff from JID and Earthgang to check out

1 Like

yeah man it’s ridiculous… unfortunately imho it’s the culture itself that’s at fault, I guess it felt like there is strength in numbers so lump everything together but sometimes in life there is also fear in numbers, not allowing different facets of the art form stand on their own in some bastardized effort to be accepted by the masses. I feel like hiphop is not greater than the sum of it’s parts but that the sum of it’s parts are equally great and deserve their acknowledgments… right now you got mofos who scream I ain’t even a rapper in the same boat with MCs , now what part of the artform is that.

can you imagine someone walking into a art gallery full of paintings with something they scrawled on a piece of paper screaming ‘I ain’t even a painter’ and throwing that sh*t on the floor and then everybody giving them applause hahahahahaha

1 Like
2 Likes

Seeing Foreign Beggars in here reminded me of this

…which always reminds me of Dabrye beats like

unrelated bonus round :sunglasses:

1 Like

1 Like

Searched and didn’t see it, nor any of his Milo projects. Highly recommended.

R.A.P. Ferreira - Purple Moonlight Pages

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_kQN2USK3RucG9JhObzHa6Dh3L_l64fod4

3 Likes

agree with everything but never listened to young nudy so ill give him a go

1 Like

How can Real MCs be obsolete when Sucka MCs still exist :grin:

Too many rappers didn’t take their MC test. lol

“you don’t even know your English , your verbs or nouns, you’re just a sucker mc you sad face clown”
-RunDMC -Sucka MCs

1 Like
1 Like