Science Lab Challenge, February 2015

Anybody else on here think the winner’s name starts with an “D”? I’ve heard him exercise this limitation before and kill it. Hint: Wilhelm

Pretty sure he’s got all the machines though :wink:

Just submitted mine. Was a lot of fun. Good luck all. :+1:

This competition is great. I’m really getting a lot of things out of the OT that I’d never thought of before. I’d done some things like this in the past with the MDUW (using a single sample and manipulating it into all parts of a track), but this is really pushing me to some next level shit.

Great job! :+1:

Nice work, I really like the synth sound you created. Looks like you had a lot fun with LFOs ; ) Great stuff and thanks for sharing it!

Can we liveperform in to a daw? What’s the reason why we cannot use the audio edit in octatrack?

The time limit - is it an absolute or do you tolerate a margin of error?..I came up with a good take that makes sense musically to me but is 3:20. Suppose that’s ok?

It is a lot of fun this competition, hands down…something to finally push me to explore the samplnig functionalities of the AR.

Hmm but i think you can do the same things with the trim and playback funktion, right?

If you’ve got the octatrack USB cable plugged in it will sometimes cause noise through your interface. Try unplugging the OT USB and see if you still have noise.

OMG i’m going to work in this fun!

hi, new to octa since yesterday !

Is it possible to change on the “attr” page
“loop, tempo, timestrech etc”

on slice management (near “edit” page) is zero crossing loop ok ?
possible to add loop in an individual slice from here ?

thnkx

Well mine is submitted. Good luck everyone!

TIL:

• The arranger is sweet. Never used it before. 10/10 will use again.
  • Why do I have a 64GB compact flash card when 2sec of audio is enough to make an entire song?
  • I finally get how to save everything properly. FINALLY.
  • We’re not talking about a simple looping device.

Someone else must have already asked, but: On what criteria will the songs be judged? Creativity? Mixing? Song-structure?

mine is submitted too… i should have looked into the arranger before… it took me 4 -5 takes until i had a satisfying recording below 3 minutes
after reading your post i finally tested the arranger after 2 years with my OT - and i have to say it’s simple but really powerful
and i was also surprised that i was able to create all sorts of sounds just with this one sample … i did similar things before, but not to that extreme level
was truly good fun!

here’s my submission.

Its not the best but it was fun

hello

i made this song mit der tánzbár :: deutsche elektronische rythm machine

could i won a digital machine? by did u forget the capability the user wave o mono machine?

long live space race!

Hi,

Is it possible to use some divine 909 sound in Analog rytm
or bassline created in Octatrack with some effect Octatrack
for playback on analog rytm?

Thank you very much

No. Read the directions.

Hector lives!

Last minute panic question!

Been working on an AR submission, and used STROM to slice the sample into 14 slices which I then loaded into the AR, and worked from there
But now doubt gnaws at me.
Was this legal?

Please answer quickly!!

If I need to redo the entire track, I will need to move fast!!