Science Lab Challenge, February 2015

my submission

https://soundcloud.com/wildlife-10/wildlife-tree-frog

Although i have the feeling i start to undertand my equipement, i feel like an idiot in this contest. How do i change the sample into a kick, hh, or whatever? The rytm and A4 are clear to me, the ot is still a hazzle.

When i listen to the rytm track in the previous post, i donā€™t see how all sounds come from only that one sample. Is there a tutorial about how to change any sample in any soundā€¦ Like kick, hh, snare, pad, etcā€¦? I hear so many different soundsā€¦ I have been trying a lot, but i have not been successful.

I would be interessed in a ā€˜making ofā€™ video.

Terriffic! I love it when people step the unusual routes!

Some of these entries blow my mind! And they let me rethink about my own humble attempt. Note to myself:
-Do not rush yourself, give it time to settle and have fresh ears
-Stop making tracks with headphones, it will sound shitty on a stereo compared to other tracks.
-spend more time about reading stuff about frequency ranges, giving each sound more room, compression, ambiance etc.
-learn mastering inside the sound creation machine (AR) properly
-find a solution to record the tracks to make, better than the shitty mic-in mini jack provided by your computer.
-less vowel formants, more bass!

So, a lot to do for me!
What a nice challenge, rock on guys!

Total respect to everyone, those tracks (all of them) are gold. Itā€™s not easy to let everybody judge your taste/skills. I think we can make the biggest band in the world !

And of course, thanks to Elektron for that idea. Hope there will be more challenges.

My Korg friends are crying eheh !

Now that the contest deadline has passedā€¦
Has this question been asked - What is the origin of the sample?
Iā€™ve tried to detect it in both of Hectorā€™s movies, but I donā€™t believe it is there. Anyone know?

Terriffic! I love it when people step the unusual routes!

Some of these entries blow my mind! And they let me rethink about my own humble attempt. Note to myself:
-Do not rush yourself, give it time to settle and have fresh ears
-Stop making tracks with headphones, it will sound shitty on a stereo compared to other tracks.
-spend more time about reading stuff about frequency ranges, giving each sound more room, compression, ambiance etc.
-learn mastering inside the sound creation machine (AR) properly
-find a solution to record the tracks to make, better than the shitty mic-in mini jack provided by your computer.
-less vowel formants, more bass!

So, a lot to do for me!
What a nice challenge, rock on guys![/quote]
GREAT ADVICE :slight_smile:

biggest band in the world lol, lets do it!

00:24

My heart jumped when I heard thatā€¦

So, the pandoraā€™s box is now open! Everybody posting, so hereā€™s mine: https://soundcloud.com/korzn/ot-korzen-m00n

avantronica wrote:

just wow folks , so much unbelievable talent on display, from my perspective everyone and anyone who got a submission in is a winner in my eyes ā€¦ i tried, but i just wasnā€™t channeling ā€˜meā€™ enough, although i was pleased with my sound design and very excited by digging so deep with the sample engine, learned and extracted a lot, not a moment wasted, i was only in it to win it so to speak and this time i wasnā€™t really on it and judging by the quality on display it was somewhat naive, still wish iā€™d managed to complete something to be at the party, been a fabulous community vibe.kudos to all the entrants; next time ā€¦

Stop whining and let us see, I mean listen to, your result! :slight_smile:
Really, itĀ“s not about being the best here only, itĀ“s about something else! I would really like to listen to what you did.
My attempt falls flat also, compared to others, and I put a lot of effort and sleepless nights into it, but sharing is caring, so IĀ“m happy that I uploaded it.
edit: Sorry, quoted the post above the one from avantronica first, I hope I fixed it.

Hey de wouzer, donā€™t know how wildlife made his but for some of my sounds like a kick or snare, i created two parts, the body/low part and the puncy/attack part, then working with pitch, retrig, filters and eq to sculpt the sounds. All about finding the sweet spots reallyā€¦
Check out some tutorials about layering kicks snares toms etc and try to transfer method to your box, should be kickin in no time :slight_smile:
The MD tracks disappear quickly :sob:

00:24

My heart jumped when I heard thatā€¦[/quote]
Great find!

Well, Iā€™m also glad I didnā€™t listen to some tracks before I submitted mine, otherwise Iā€™d have thought twiceā€¦ There are some serious skilled elektroners out there! And Iā€™m so much enjoying listening to you all!

Iā€™m using/learning the AR for 2 months now and this great challenge (thanks Elektron!) really helped me out to master it a bit more. Hereā€™s me lame late night contribution after a dozen takes (and tucking in my baby girl). Although itā€™s a rather simple and naive track, I think the most important of this challenge is learning, sharing and get this forum moving! Cheers!

https://soundcloud.com/earthwaterwindfire/ar-youngod-easier-than-simple

Really, itĀ“s not about being the best here only, itĀ“s about something else! I would really like to listen to what you did.
My attempt falls flat also, compared to others, and I put a lot of effort and sleepless nights into it, but sharing is caring, so IĀ“m happy that I uploaded it. [/quote]
Haha, the link should be public now, i had made the playlist public but the tracks private :zonked:

my submision https://soundcloud.com/presidiomodelo/ot-presidiomodelo-stoned

I just want to say that (after coming out of the lurking mode) Iā€™m very happy to be competing against such talent. Checking out the tracks, alas my chances of winning are now like winning the lottery. Itā€™s been inspiring! Cheers to all of you! :+1:

I guess the competition brought out lots of lurking forumers indeed, like myself. :slight_smile:

here is my submission: https://soundcloud.com/glaciertree/ot-glaciertree-afield

This was a good learning experience. Iā€™m a lot more comfortable with PARTS. Plus, Iā€™ve never spent more than a day on a track when working alone. It took me about 5 days to put my submission together. So, while my track is pretty lackluster, maybe the next one will be cool :wink:

I also learned a thing or two about saving and archiving my work.

My attempt falls flat also, compared to others, and I put a lot of effort and sleepless nights into it, but sharing is caring, so IĀ“m happy that I uploaded it. [/quote]
Haha, the link should be public now, i had made the playlist public but the tracks private :zonked: [/quote]
hehe, sorry that I accidentally quoted you. I instead wanted to quote anvantronicas post below yours. Sorry for that, but at least it didnĀ“t lead to anything bad. I edited my post already. Cheers dude and nice track btw!
:smiley: