Science Lab Challenge, February 2015

From the rules in the first post:

[ul]
[li]The sysex files of the overall winner and the two runners-up will be shared with the Elektronauts community[/li]

[/ul]

They need to be able to download your project file to inspect it?

ehm, if i click the link ā€œget the sample hereā€ my computer only downloads the voice sample (2sec duration) and nothing else.
well its kinda hard to build a track out of that :wink:
so where can i get the sample ?

haha i get it nowā€¦just when i thought about it, it became more and more clear, that that might actually be the challenge :slight_smile:
anyhow never worked like that before, and mainly bought the rytm for the analog voices, filters etc. which is already endless in possibilities, but i ll dump it on my rytm and who knows maybe i ll start messing around with samples more than i do now

Yeah, Im thinking people with the OT can make whatever sound they really want (kicks, French horns, synths, percussion). So at that point this seems to be more about making a tune with good structure and composition that is pleasing to a listener who is not in the know. Moreso than what type of sounds you can synthesize. Man, I cant wait to hear what everyone is doing. I made a full track, sat on it for 2 days, now I am making a different one. How will I choose!!?!?

This is my favorite of all the questions so far on this thread.

Since the sample manipulation of all the machines is so varied, what is the judging criteria?

^ Yeaā€¦ there should be first prizes for best track done with each machine, OT, AR and MD :imp:

This is my favorite of all the questions so far on this thread.[/quote]
haha yep its pretty embarrasing

^ derp

I did the same ā€œHmm, thatā€™s it?ā€ with the sample when I downloaded it but luckily Iā€™d just done a lot of playing around with single cycle wave files so it was clear how to start making different drums/instrument sounds out of it.

Another question

I have a MDUW
now i have the song almost finished, when i play the song i jugglisng with the parameters, delay, filters eccā€¦

this is ok when i record the audio with the daw but this are not stored on the syx file

in the audio is fine if there are these manipulations when they are not in SYX?

tnx

Been mentioned a coupla times, external midi control of parameters is fine, as long as itā€™s not sequenced, so pads, keys, switches, faders, knobs are fine, but not sequenced !

knuckle shuffle

Hi there! Good idea and good exercise as well. Any tips to record out of the box? What do i need according the rules? Would be the mixing better with headphone rather than on speakers?
Tanks for your time!

Octopus language

you know youā€™re doing something right when you run out of p-locks

alright i have a legit question:

Can I use input machines as long as i am running the sample out of one of the individuals outs on the MD? The sample is still the sound source creationā€¦

11 pages of questionsā€¦ you have got to be kidding meā€¦
talk about ā€œDERPā€

just amazing! Iā€™m having a lot of fun right now with this project!

Yeah, this is a lot of fun. Iā€™m getting results out of the MDUW that I didnā€™t think were possible. Reminds me of how much it can do!