Sequential Pro 3

Q and A

3 Likes

How are these guys paid to do thisā€¦ Such a clumsy presentationā€¦ Not the worst demo man Iā€™ve seen, but come onā€¦

Hahaā€¦ Ya, I was shouting at the screen when he was fumbling with the oscillators and mixer section. I had to stop the video out of frustration.

Cheers!

1 Like

Would love to hear more bassy and brassy patches - preferably without effects, but no luck for demos this farā€¦

Why would I want to hear - I cannot afford this anyway!

1 Like

INHALT demo

3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

That Inhalt demo is quite bassy!

It sounds great, but at the same time perhaps a bit too precise, clean and lifeless to my tastes.

1 Like

Sounds like a synth with boring linear envelopes to me.

1 Like

Manual is here, there, at Sequential

So bend them in the mod matrixā€¦

Cheers!

3 Likes

Another something coming in a few months Dave said in an interview.

That is exactly what I donā€™t like about dsi. Releasing a product with questionable design and then say: find a workaround or ā€œitā€™s a featureā€.

1 Like

Yeah, I could do that with the five envelopes of my Pro 2. Or I could turn to a synth which has nice shapes as standard, which is what I tend to do for bass and sequence patches - or anything that requires typical synth movement.

Software envelopes are all well and good - but why settle on a default shape that makes life harder?

1 Like

Hey, youā€™re preaching to the choir here. Do you know who I amā€¦ :wink:

Cheers!

1 Like

Dude, I donā€™t know who I am!

6 Likes

LOLā€¦ Too funny.

Seriously thoughā€¦ Iā€™m happy to bust DSIā€™s balls about a great many things; but if I were designing a synth from scratch, and I had to choose between linear, logarithmic, or exponential curves for the basic envelopes, Iā€™d probably go with linear, given that you can bend them either way from there using modulation as needed. Makes sense to me.

Cheers!

1 Like

Personally, I really like the envelopes on the PRO2 and OB6.

1 Like

I guess my point was that these are software and surely itā€™s not going to tax anyone who knows synths to add a top-level ā€˜shapeā€™ option so the user doesnā€™t have to prat around in the mod matrix all the time just to get the response expected from classic synths of old.

Itā€™s an extra stage I, as a Pro2 owner, would dearly love to avoid. I tended to use two envelopes on my Evolver combined to get a bit more snappiness and probably moaned to Dave at the time about how hardware envelopes of his past synths were brillliant compared to this linear modern nonsense. And letā€™s face it, Korg managed it brilliantly with the Radias - and if Korg can do it, anyone can. Admittedly theyā€™ve lost the art since thenā€¦

2 Likes