Sequential Pro 3

haven’t been excited by much lately, but the Pro 3 definitely has caught my eye :diddly:
Well done sequential!

1 Like

Seems like a great synth for a great price.

1 Like

You are right, it is easy to forget how difficult actually building proper synth is, especially when I don’t know anything about it.

1 Like

i am not complaining, was just wondering why mr. Smith said what he said, and i know now why. Great synth.

My comments weren’t necessarily directed at you. I apologize if it seemed that way. I guess all the comments regarding this new synth (that I think is pretty cool) just got to me. Perhaps it’s all in the spirit of celebrating what the synth does have, vs. lamenting what it doesn’t have.

1 Like

Hey all, confirmed:

Pro 3 uses the Fatar TP/9S Keybed also used in the OB-6, Prophet-6, Rev2, and Prophet X.

3 Likes

Well, Dave Smith has used parallell filters on and off in many of his synths since the Evolver. I agree with you, if he’s not going for that this time, it’s likely he knows what he’s doing. I def prefer this route, three fantastic filters in one of the best sounding Sequentials ever, with an outstanding sequencer and both analogue and digital oscillators to go. It’s like a mutation of the Evolver❤️

3 Likes

My Dominion 1 is the only reason I’m resisting this.

I’d have asked Dave what his favourite envelope decay shape was. I’ve never heard anyone answer ‘linear’ to that - but on the strength of the five envelopes in my Pro 2 (and the Pro 3 envelopes apparently), maybe he likes 'em…

1 Like

Based on the Inhalt demo, this synth gets you closer to an Oberheim two voice than the OB6 imo

1 Like

The demo Jack at Anderton’s got is really compelling. The simplicity of setting up modulations and the sequencer is unreal. I’ve been contemplating a Dominion 1, but now this Pro 3 is starting to pull ahead in that race.

To wit:

6 Likes

Oh, no.

2 Likes

I had preorders for both the Modal Argon8 and MFB Synth Pro that I cancelled to preorder the PRO 3 instead. I’m enthralled by the evil sounds this beast is capable of.

9 Likes

I had always wished the Pro-2 could have been made into a module. 44 keys is a few too many for my needs and space limitations.

Hopefully this Pro-3 is popular enough to warrant a desktop version, but if it isn’t, the footprint is close enough to the AK that I could make due.

2 Likes

I hear you about the Pro 2 desktop that never came… and I guess I’m in the same boat as you for the Pro 3. If I survive my year of synth buying abstinence and seek to reward myself with a well earned luxury option. This could very well still be at the top of the pile.

1 Like

Well, I just pre-ordered the Pro 3 SE. Now the long wait…

1 Like

I’m sure it was the chipset and the filterboards for having the Curtis filter along with the SEM filter.

MOD MATRIX:
32 slots
46 sources
171 destinations

With all those destinations, who needs to vacation?

4 Likes

Reverb’s review, 1:32 onwards sounds very much like OB6, no surprises I guess.

4 Likes

Sonicstate sounds only, damn thats good

Trying to work out if it sounds as fat as my OB6 but I’m thinking it does.

5 Likes