Sequential Pro 3

Updated with no issues. Just followed the steps as written, core first, panel second.

1 Like

I found the information that ( unlike my moog LP ) there is no hi resolution interpolation internally for this synths parameters, and for that meter, not in any of the DSI synths.
So , because I am planning to buy mono synth with more modulation capabilities, what I would like to ask the owners of pro 3, is how is the resolution of the modulators ? everything is internally completely digital right ? But is it hi resolution ( 10 or 14 bit) ? or simple 7bit midi.

Wrong thread but I recommend you take a look at the Motas-6 too if youā€™re looking at monosynth with a ton of modulation / features, I think the Motas is hard to beat in this regard and it for the most part goes unnoticed by people so yeahā€¦ on the chance youā€™ve not heard of itā€¦

2 Likes

Thanks , but for me , ergonomics are also important.
EDIT
but it does sounds really good, MOtas 6!

1 Like

I believe the modulators are all higher resolution than the knobsā€¦ I want to say DSI stuff all does this sort of tuned harmonics jumping when controlled with the filter knob (this is a purposeful choice by dsi supposedly) but if you set the same parameter to a LFO, Envelope, mod wheel, or sequencer slew, you will find a silky smooth modulation. The LFOs can do low audio rates, the oscillators can do FM, and CV in can do FM, all of them act as one would expect so the mod matrix is capable of very high resolution modulations.

2 Likes

Pro 3 owners: Iā€™m looking for an FX pedal with a similar overdrive/distortion to the Pro 3. Any suggestions? Iā€™m no expert with the different types of overdrive/distortion circuits out there. Any idea what the Pro 3 employs?

Question about the sequencer. If this is in the manual I missed it.
Treating the sequencer parts a-d as separate sequences (parts of a song in my case) can they each be set to different step lengths? I was trying to have a-c be 16 steps each and d be 12 steps but I couldnā€™t get it to work. I know I could duplicate the patch in another slot as a work around but Iā€™d like to keep it all within the same memory slot for ease of switching parts live if possible. Is this possible?
Side note; Iā€™m loving this synth more every time I play it. Getting some great sounds out of it.

I wonder sonically what would bring me over Evolver?
(apart from different filters and keyboard)

I just received my Pro 3 today. Iā€™ve owned a couple dozen synths the last 3 years. Had a Rev 2, a Matrixbrute, System 8, a bunch of others. I spent 2 hours tonight with the Pro3 and already place this near the top of the heap and it might end up being my favorite synth ever. Sorry, just had to gushā€¦canā€™t wait to get back to it this weekend!

5 Likes

No need to apologize, those of us who have one know the feeling!:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Isnā€™t it a fun instrument? Every time I sit down with it, I get lost in sound in the best possible way.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had mine for a few weeksā€“havenā€™t even read the manual yet and I love it.

Iā€™ve had mine a few months now and Iā€™m absolutely in love. The Pro3 + a modest Modular system is crazy fun.

With that being said, I have no problem sending cv and gate to the Modular, but the pro 3ā€™s glide and pitch bend donā€™t effect the cv out. Does anyone know how to remedy this? Is it possible?

1 Like

Canā€™t it be assigned in the mod matrix? I havenā€™t messed with the cv on mine yet but it seems like that should work.

1 Like

Hmm, I have the note # mapped out to cv1 in the mod matrix, so maybe I need to map out the glide and pitch bend to cv1 as well. :thinking:

Iā€™ll mess around with this a bit more after work.

Thatā€™s what I was thinking. I think the note# is just the nascent value excluding anything else like pitch bend, glide, sync values, modulation, etc.
I havenā€™t looked that up so I could be wrong.

I mapped out pitch bend to cv1 out, in addition to note#, in the mod matrix and that worked, but I still canā€™t find anyway to do that with glide. At this point, Iā€™m thinking itā€™s not possible. Really, itā€™s no big deal and kind of a benefit to use some slew device in the Modular instead, although itā€™d be nice to have the option.

1 Like

Cool that you got pitch bend to work! If you canā€™t assign glide to a cv out the only other thing I can think to try would be assigning glide to another parameter which could then be assigned to a cv out, kinda daisy chaining it.
Itā€™s unusual to hit a wall with this synth, at least in my admittedly short time with it.

1 Like

Glide isnā€™t available as either a mod source or destination.

1 Like

Well that explains it. Haha.
I was just thinking I should look at that chart. I just took it for granted that it was assignable since most parameters are. Good on ya.

1 Like