Sequential Pro 3

if its like the Pro 2 you can still use slew on the sequencer to make glide notes, but yeah you wont be playing the keyboard with external oscillators with glide coming from it.

Strange, isnā€™t it?
Same as on the Pro 2. Various Glide parameters (all OSC Glide amounts, Glide on/off) are CC/NRPNs, but absent from the matrix. :face_with_monocle:

Very strange.

Maybe they could add it in a firmware update.

2 Likes

Letā€™s ask!

1 Like

Sometimes, I get the feeling when the Sequential fellas implement the mod matrix in their instruments, thereā€™s so many options going on, one or two just gets lost among all the tasks tracked. Itā€™s not a conscious decision to leave something out, itā€™s just ā€œWha ā€¦ you didnā€™t add noise as a source in there?ā€ // ā€œWell, I was busy with the damn oscillator frequencies, Dave. Doesnā€™t mean I donā€™t love you. Or your moustasche. Weā€™re all just trying here, ok?ā€ // ā€œOh all right, maybe no one will notice anyway.ā€

4 Likes

Iā€™m thinking of buying this synth. I love the waveshaping possibilities on the analog oscillators. The saw can actually produce something that sounds like PWM which sounds awesome!

One question: since glide is per oscillator, how does filter key tracking behave when gliding from one note to the other? Does it follow a ā€œcommonā€ cv signal or something? Or is it just ā€œstaticā€ key follow with no glide applied to the filter at all? That would be a shame.

The is the PRO3 + Iridium looping audio between them. Sometimes Iā€™m turning the filter knob on the PRO3, but most of the changes are just the feedback loop building and doing its thing.

I called it DissonanceAndDistortion

3 Likes

Between the filters and wavetable support, would I be able to get a bit of Prophet VS sound (if monophonic)?

Nobody?

Glide only affects pitch as far as I remember (sold my Pro 3). Unless Glide was a parameter in the mod matrix (If it is, I never used it).

Contact Sequential support, they are very responsive to questions.

Ok thanks both! Will contact support

Nice. Digging your yt videos by the way. Itā€™s refreshing to see some pro 3 videos that go beyond scrolling through presets or a ā€œphat bass patchā€. Not that we donā€™t all love phat bass patches. Anyway, good on ā€˜ya for taking it further. Subscribed. Big ups.

1 Like

Amazing!!! How did you route the Iridium and Pro-3 together? Using a separate mixer? My mind is in knots thinking about how to do that

1 Like

Yeah, itā€™s a lot of fun, and Iā€™m still exploring it.

I made a video to explain the routing.

3 Likes

Love those sounds, and love the other CV stuff from one of your other videos. Canā€™t believe how versatile this pair is. So you have all outs going to a mixer and then to a DAW where you send seperate outs back to the inputs (mono sum from iridium to pro 3 and stereo pro 3 to iridium)? Is there a way to do this without a DAW?

1 Like

Thanks, I love exploring drones, distortion, dissonance, feedback, etc.

Yes - you can do this without a DAW.

CV, you just plug the 4 CV outs from the PRO3 to the CV ins on the Iridium.
The Iridium does not have CV outs, only inputs. The PRO3 has both.

For audio, getting the PRO3 to the Iridium you just plug the cables in (Main LR from PRO3 to LR Input on the Iridium).

Then use the Iridium headphone output to go into the PRO3ā€™s input.

Once you get the settings and levels right, youā€™ll be in feedback heavenā€¦ just be careful and always use a limiter if possible :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can one of you owners tell me the Pro-3 default pitch bend range? I know you can easily set it to what you want, but Iā€™d like to find out if the range is 2 when you take it out of the box.

Mine is set to two semitones. Iā€™ve never adjusted it.

1 Like

Thereā€™s some good stuff brewing for the PRO3

Sounds like a firmware update this Friday will add patch morphing.

https://forum.sequential.com/index.php?topic=5451.0

Hereā€™s the text from the post:

July 5-9 is Pro 3 week! Each day this week weā€™re celebrating our most powerful, great-sounding, and versatile mono/paraphonic synth with videos, demos, new features and free downloads!

Hereā€™s what we have in store for you:

Monday
Julian (J3PO) Pollack begins a 3-part YouTube series covering the Pro 3.
VIDEO 1: The Pro 3 Sound ā€“ VCOs, Wavetables, and 3 Filters

Tuesday
Julian (J3PO) Pollack continues his 3-part YouTube series covering the Pro 3.
VIDEO 2: A Deeper Dive ā€“ Tuned Feedback, Mod Matrix, and Effects

Wednesday
Julian (J3PO) Pollack continues his 3-part YouTube series covering the Pro 3.
VIDEO 3: The Pro 3 Sequencer

Thursday
32 New Wavetables and 128 New Presets!
Free Download from Sequential Site

• 32 free custom wavetables
  • 128 free custom programs featuring the new wavetables

Friday
OS 1.2 with Patch Morphing!
Free Download from the Sequential Forum
VIDEO 4: J3PO Patch Morph demo

14 Likes