Sequential Pro 3

That’s exciting! Thanks for posting this.

Patch morphing. Wow. How is that going to work? Very exciting update.

Wow! I hope this is as cool as it sounds.

1 Like

Im so sad, Im going on a road trip with my kids for 2 weeks and I wont get to play with this :frowning:

1 Like
2 Likes

The new v1.2 OS has been posted as well.

https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,5201.0.html

Main OS 1.2.0

• Feature: Patch Morphing! New Misc. Params menu allows for “morphing” parameters between the selected patch and a selectable target patch.
  • Bug Fix: Engaging sequencer playback causes CV outputs to dip slightly
  • Bug Fix: For any program saved with Seq Mode set to Trigger, the subsequent program changed to does not play back correctly.
  • Bug Fix: Gate seq mode, hold on, seq in playback, pressing trigger mode causes next played note to hang
7 Likes
4 Likes

“a feature rarely seen before…” except on every Nord Lead made since 1995 :rofl:

11 Likes

Anyone got this installed yet? There is a Manual Addendum PDF somewhere?

edit: looks like its still a beta?

* pro3_Main_1.2.syx (997.38 kB - downloaded 78 times.)
* Pro 3 OS 1.2 Manual Addendum.pdf (309.77 kB - downloaded 80 times.)

Is there a fast way to switch the keyboard to midi out only, even while the internal sequencer is running?

Going to install it tonight. At least for me it doesn’t matter that it’s beta or not. I just use mine for fun, so any issues I’ll just deal with them. I’m pretty sure you can downgrade the OS by updating it via bootloader mode (press down + up while power up – use MIDI and not USB).

I really want to try the patch morphing, but probably won’t come up with anything nearly as creative as many (lets face it – most) people will. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It looks like beta testers have had it since March. That makes me feel better about beta testing it myself.

1 Like

I installed the 1.2 beta and patch morphing is just as cool as I imagined it would be. Used the OT to modulate morphing with plocks and a midi lfo. Worked swell. :grinning:

4 Likes

I sold my Pro 3 even though it is my favorite synth ever…now need to start saving again.

1 Like

I’ve noticed a bug with the bank and program knobs not working correctly after updating. It doesn’t appear to be all that serious as the soft knobs still select the banks and programs just fine, but it’s definitely annoying trying to use the dedicated knobs. When I do I can’t select bank one if program one is selected but I can if program 2 or above is, and similar behavior. I sent them an email about this too.

1 Like

They just released 1.2.0.2 OS that fixes the above stated problem with the bank knob. Gonna update now.

5 Likes

I haven’t had a chance to do the update yet (or step foot in the studio for that matter) since I’ve been entertaining visiting in-laws but I hope to this week. Has anyone had any problems with 1.2.0.2?

No problems with 1.2.0.2 so far. :+1:

2 Likes

Drag the pro3 into the living room and show the in-laws the beauty of gritty monosynth basslines.

5 Likes

I might just have to do that.

1 Like