Sequential Pro 3

Wow–I got Pro 3 for a little over $1400 b-stock a year ago from Sweetwater. It had an issue, so they swapped it for a brand new one at no extra charge!

6 Likes

Yeah the SE seems to only be about $200 more in CA too.

1 Like

Ooh that’s a steep price jump. I do think the pro 3 is incredible and as good as any synth Dave has ever done.

I have all 3 evolvers, a pro 2, prophet 5, and I’ve played the ob6 take 5 and prophet 6.

Pro 3 is a very special synth. I wonder if people will still be buying them as much at 400 dollars more…

3 Likes

It’s an interesting move for sure. That $400 might put it out of a price point for some, or possibly have them consider a different synth. Even more interesting is that the SE is only $200 more than the standard version. I would think most people would pay the extra $200 just for the flip-top and wood sides. It almost seems like at some point they are planning on phasing out the standard edition.

2 Likes

I bought a used pro 3 off reverb. The cutoff knob is really squeaky when turned. It works ok, but it’s pretty loud and I can hear it over the actual sounds at times lol.

Any ideas what to do or how to go about fixing it? I’ve had this synth 2 other times and never had this issue!

https://youtube.com/shorts/bRyozZiVZsA?feature=share

https://youtube.com/shorts/cidqw9nP32k?feature=share

Those are two YouTube videos I uploaded of the problem. Thank you!!

Might be a dumb answer from me, but can you just pull the knob up a little? Sounds like the knob is rubbing on the top plate.

I’ve just woken up with an almighty hangover, so apologies if this is a stupid answer.

Not stupid at all! I tried that and it seems like it can be slightly lifted. It was still making the squeaky noise though :frowning:

1 Like

That’s normally one smooth and stable turning knob, so it’s hard to imagine a fix that doesn’t require getting at what’s under the hood. Maybe it’s a simple lubrication job. At this point, I’d contact support@sequential.com because I’d be afraid of ruining something if I did it myself. Make sure to send them your serial number and purchase date. I imagine they’ll know you’re not the original owner. Sequential’s tech support is solid, but you have to allow 48 hours for each round of email, not including weekends.

So I’m looking hard at one of these… Does anyone know if can be used to control the pitch of a vintage MS-20 (hz/octave)? I looked in the manual and it talks about cv tuning and offsets and such, but in a euro-specific way.

1 Like

Any thoughts @Scot_Solida ?

1 Like

Scaling 1v/per octave isn’t the same as being compatible with hz/v. Maybe with the TOTAL Osc mod input? I can’t check at the moment.

1 Like

You can adjust the slope and the offset of the CV. It might be hard to get it exact though.

I have both the Pro 3 and an MS20 FS. I could try it if I can squeeze it in time wise.

Edit: To clarify: My thought is that you might be able to use the mod matrix to scale the CV exponentially.

3 Likes

Right, I was thinking that through some trickery like that it could be possible.

But if not, I can sequence it from the Keystep and send the Pro3 v/oct CV for modulations.

1 Like

It might be possible, but I can also see it being a PITA to set up and tune properly everytime.

This is where those little tiny 4ms pods could come in handy. I wouldn’t mind having a stack of those to throw utilities all over the studio.

Eurorack has everything you need for utilities.

2 Likes

That’s a good idea. There’s also the SQ-1 and the CV-OCD…

2 Likes

Yeah I have a CV-OCD in the cupboard.

This is a good exercise for me as well since I could see the advantages to sequencing/modulating the MS20 with my Pro 3

1 Like

Please report your findings! :+1:

1 Like

If I don’t, you’ll know I haven’t tried it yet :wink:

1 Like

Easy pass for me. They say it plays well with modulars, but it only has for CV connections. That is a joke compared to the competition. $2000 for a mono synth. Seriously? There are a lot of other devices I would rather have that are a lot less money. The Moog trio (M32/DFAM/SubH), the Make Noise trio, any Elektron box…

These are both far more expensive? And neither are all that comparable.

I get some of new prices are a stretch, but looking over here in the uk, not everyone has put them up. But even at the higher prices, it’s still cheeper than all the ones you’ve mentioned. Even an A4 with an additional midi keyboard with full-size keys is more.