Sequential Pro 3

A buddy just gave me a great deal on a Pro3SE! I demoed one for a few weeks a couple months ago, can’t wait to get this lazer machine back in the mix. The Boscia sound set looks cool and other good patch bank recommends??

2 Likes

Jexus did a set, which is worth checking out IMO

2 Likes

You can just send a CV gate to trigger the next step right? I don’t have the synth (yet), but I can imagine that having the MI Marbles doing this will add some organic flavor to a sequence.

Yes, the sequencer can be configured to take a trigger source.

A couple of sounds from mine. Think it’s going to have to go back. Parameters randomly jumping about and touch strip not working properly. Need to contact support.

2 Likes

Hope you get another one back. Would love to get a sound pack from you for it.

1 Like

Thankyou! Went into the global menu and reset some stuff, so seems to be working now. Will see how it works over the next week or so.

I always like to do one-synth only tracks and so i did with the Pro3, everything you hear was made with the Pro3, Drums, Bass and more…

Frank

8 Likes

Does anybody else’s Pro 3 have extremely stiff knobs?

1 Like

Mine did! Unpleasantly rigid.

1 Like

Yup. They start to hurt my hands and arms after a while.

2 Likes

Latest sounds coming from my Pro 3.

3 Likes

I really dig this Pro 3 track:

1 Like

I’ve pulled the trigger on a Pro 3 SE today that I should receive next week.

It will join my collection of Prophet 6, Prophet 12 and Rev2. I decided to get it after spending a lot of time with my Rev2 recently and really digging it as a workhorse, and then thinking that give me a head start with the Pro 3, which I’m thinking will replace my Moog Sub37.

But… I also have a Moog Matriarch, so think my decision is going to be to sell either the Sub37 or Matriarch to accommodate the Pro 3.

Does anyone else have a Pro 3 alongside a Matriarch or Sub37 with experiences to share?
I feel like it’s the Matriarch that I’m more likely to move on…

Anyway, feeling stoked about the incoming Pro 3! :partying_face:

4 Likes

Of those two, I’d get rid of the Sub 37. Matriarch is such an odd synth with it’s flexible architecture and that gorgeous delay. The Sub is an amazing synth but the keeping point (for me) was patch memory, which the Pro 3 will do. The Moog type filter in the Pro 3 won’t replace that thick Sub 37 sound exactly, but might trick someone in a mix.

Yeah, I get that… where I doubt it though is that, as much as I like playing with the Matriarch, I use the Sub37 a lot more, and it’s my main mono workhorse synth. I’m not much into modular, so the Matriarch is a bit of a fun luxury for me tbh… I’ll see how I feel with the Pro3 in the fold anyway.

I might as well share the same pic here as I did in the ‘latest purchase’ thread as it’s probably more relevant:

Interesting initial findings are that the Pro 3 and Sub37 sound very different, more than I was expecting them too.

9 Likes

Pro 3 is my favorite synth ever. I just loved the base sound and how knarly I could make patches. I sold it to pay bills but my kid is jonesing for me to get one again.

2 Likes

I sold mine to get an Iridium about 2.5 years ago. Bought another one last year. Love it.

For me, the sequencer pushes the Pro 3 slightly ahead of the Subsequent 37. I like the S37’s sound a bit better, but that sequencer on the P3 is brilliant and a lot of fun. If it was a beauty contest, the S37 would win easily.