Sequential Pro 3

3 Likes

Moog really stands out there, donā€™t they?

I like when dave says ā€œI can make this as dirty as you wantā€ :rofl:
a little disappointed to hear you canā€™t run all the filters at the same timeā€¦ love that on the Pro 2. The sequencer does seem like a step up from the Pro 2 though. Looks like the Wavetables are really cool but also a totally different method than Pro 2. Pro 3 is more its own thing than I initially thought. edit Also he says there is potential the open it up for user wavetablesā€¦ I wonder if the wavetable engine in it is more similar to the prophet x in some way.

5 Likes

Totally agreed. the stupid envelope modulations being worthless kinda kills a lot of the potential of the Pro2. so annoying.

Gotta say, the more I hear it, the more interested I am. Mod matrix, modulate the modulators, tuned feedback, and on and on. Itā€™s a beast though - I donā€™t know where Iā€™d even put it. Perhaps I can just set it up next to the bed and jam myself to sleep every night?

8 Likes

ive had access to 3 different Pro-2ā€™s for various extended periods since they were released and i have never encountered any of the bugs other folks seem to run into constantly

4 Likes

8 min 33 secs sold me on it

6 Likes

so it seems the pro 2 is now officially vintage gear, because its sold out and sequential dont even show it up on their website any more.

after just 6 years, thats sad :cry:

the tempest would have been a better candidate for a design revision

I wonder if prices for the pro 2 will go up now, because its such a wonderfull flexible instrument

the demos of the pro 3 are a bit too gimmickry for my taste, too much relying on the wavetable osc, the two analog oscs seem a bit underused. its not a successor of the pro 2, but a different machine with a different purpose.

2 Likes

As someone who doesnā€™t own an analog mono synth, this seems like everything Iā€™m looking for. I used to be interested in the Moog Matriarch, but the fatty/buttery Moog sound isnā€™t something I found in line with what I usually make. But this synth is sounds awesome, and seems like it has a ton of options.

Also, that price is just right for it!

2 Likes

Sounds sick

Iā€™m fine with the regular edition pro 3 but it would be even better as a desktop. The keys are nice but Iā€™ve already got enough keys that Iā€™d rather utilize.

This does sound amazing and am keeping this on my radar. For a mono, this has all of the bells and whistles I could want.

1 Like

Yeah, although to be fair the demos and presets were mostly meh to me on the Pro 2 also. There is still a Pro 2 for 1000$ on reverb but yeah I think I would expect there price to creep up to near what they were new over the coming years, it is likely to remain a pretty unique synth. I think that the wavetables Pro 3 are pretty interesting sounding, though it seems you no longer get to slot in the waves you are interpolating between like on the Pro 2, which is to me what I want out of a wavetableā€¦ but I can see why they might have done it as it stream lines the work flow as you arenā€™t slotting in 3 different waves per oscillator, given Pro 3 has an expanded number of wavetables I can see they probably did it to keep you out of the menus. Pro 3 seems like it is going to be easy to just have it sound good to me, where the Pro 2 is more work and to many that is probably its biggest fault.

2 Likes

Yea two different domains. Kind of like when the Mopho took over the mono evolver line then mono evolver went up in price.

From 7 minutes on ward blew me away. Incredible synth.

6 Likes

Great sounds on this demo. That tuned feedback coming in like a gnarly sub oscillator around 6:05 was awesome.

2 Likes

Yes the tuned feedback got my interest. Very nice possibilities with that. Think Iā€™ll have to sell my ob6 for this. Will pair nicely with virus TI

1 Like

I could never sell my OB6, but hey, I shuffle around gear plenty, so I know how it is. If I get the Pro 3, I imagine it would be great running those beautiful OB6 oscillators into the Pro 3.

1 Like

Actually, much like how they did the Prophet 6, and then the OB-6, an awesome synth would be an OB-3, which would be the Pro 3, but with OB-6 Oscillators. A guy can dreamā€¦

1 Like

You have a Dominion 1, right? Iā€™m curious how you think it compares with the Pro 3. The Dom 1 has piqued my interest lately.

2 Likes

as a matter of interest, what sounds in particular do you like to draw out of your ob6

1 Like