Sequential resumes Prophet-5

I rarely use it, but I use the arp quite often playing the OB~6 and P6 simultaneously. The P5/10 has no Arpeggiator! I think I hate it now :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

update: Keystep can do arp over cv to the Prophet :sweat: crisis avoided.

1 Like

That’s no irrational fear! I’ve been looking at the Iridium and Quantum for a while—coincidentally because they provide a resource of the kind of clinical non-griminess that I don’t already have much of—but then there’s that damn touchscreen. It’s both cleverly functional and repair-bait. Given the costs involved, if there’s a breakdown even after 5 years of service, I’d have to punch my own face.

2 Likes

I make plenty of use of the arp as well. I just love working with sequencer for some reason. Maybe it’s the ease of use and I can save them on a per patch basis? Especially love how the OB-6 responds to program changes, probably the most responsive of all my gear. It’s lightning quick, match that with a Elektron MIDI sequencer and be blown away.

1 Like

Yes. I was amazed.
The Subsequent37 however… still waiting!

1 Like

1 Like

Thanks. That’s great :smiley:
So it’s like the Rev.2, which has 4 global LFOs, but per voice. That’s 64 LFOs running wild!

Thank you for taking one for the team and sharing what you’ve been picking up from there.

Just peeked into that forum and, yep, it’s still the noisy mess it’s alway been.

One thing I picked up from my short journey into Gearslutz. This person cbmd seems to work for Sequential:

“We plan on building them for the foreseeable future. No limited quantities planned.”

Statement about digital LFO and clock

Poly aftertouch implementation (receive only)

Another thing I picked up was this footage of Men Without Hats playing live with a multiple P5s

4 Likes

I got a brand new OB-6 module from Alto Music for $1580. It was listed as used, which it was not, and then they took 15% off.

Don’t kill me for this, though, but when it had a defective button and sent it back… I said I’d rather just have a rev 2 and money back as the OB6 was too limited in scope for the money and too self indulgent.

The p5 though, I’m willing to indulge. I believe the prophet sound works better for me than Oberheim.

2 Likes

Have to say, it sounds beautiful, almost divine.

SCI has been doing some incredible work for quite a few years now. The new P5/P10 look and sound amazing.

I’m really surprised that Roland continues to twiddle their thumbs on releasing a premier analog synth.

1 Like

Roland JD-XA is still out there, and quite a bit more affordable than P5. The analog side is 4-voice poly. I’m sure it’s the right fit for someone. I’m guessing Roland wants to see higher sales numbers for the JD-XA before they’d be motivated to proceed further into the analog world than the toe-dipping they’ve been doing with these hybrids. I see one problem right away with the design - that Aira style look. Also, I took a look at Sweetwater reviews - some happy customers but some complaints about build quality.

Obviously a different target demographic than peeps lining up (virtually) for a P5. I’ve no doubt the P5 build quality will be on a whole different level than the JD-XA.

Imagine how much a premier Roland analog synth would cost, when their new TR-06 which has very few knobs and I/O, and is based on tech which has certainly recouped all development costs at this point, costs an eye-watering $400!!! The Summit is the new Roland poly in my mind, with its OTA filters, and the Super 6 of course is a awesome homage as well in a certain sense. This new P-5 is so rad, exactly what Roland could be doing, but I doubt they ever will.

1 Like

I’ve only got the Rev 2 16 voice(only he says). So i cant compare but i do take your word for it. :slight_smile:

:grin: hell no!
IDK, I’ve avoided putting my Rev.2 thru a juicy preamp because I don’t want to discover that it can sound just as saturated as the my Prophet~6 :scream: I should have put it thru the AH while I had that.

But, iiiiiif I get a Rev4 I’ll happily pay the “little” extra for double the voices. Two main reasons, voice stealing and resale value. We all know they’re going to be worth millions one day and the 10 will be most valued. Another, sceptical reason, is looking at how voice stealing affects the P6 and OB~6, and want to avoid that particular source of the clicks.
Here’s to hoping there’s some slew in the rev4’s

I’ve never had a problem with clicks on the OB6 :man_shrugging:

I was thinking the same about resale value :smile: :. Its not going to lose value over the years and for that you get a free instrument for as long as you want :1st_place_medal:

1 Like

13 Likes

I hope he is about to ship that to me.

No. that particular one is already spoken for

But I’m sure he’ll be happy to ship a different serial numbered unit after you pay

2 Likes