Sequential Take 5 five voice poly

And we’ll sure as hell figure out a way to talk ourselves into buying it.

3 Likes

are those holes for a strap to the left, like keytar style?

No comprende

Oh you mean the pic on peff’s soundcloud.

Nope, I still do not know

looks like two slots in the case

doesn’t sound like a P5 or P6 or rev2 and has its own character. A few patches were really great to my ears! if they ever do a module, I’ll certainly get one but the P6 module option is still on the table for me (if I can find a good second hand deal that is…)

1 Like

16 slot mod matrix -> wowza.

1 Like
2 Likes

I’d be all over a Take5 module

3 Likes

A lick of paint, replace the knobs…

Any idea if it’s a round robin voice type type, or is it like the new Prophet~5/10?

1 Like

and a polychainable module please (still baffled they didn’t implement polychain for the rev2…)

1 Like

The fact that people here have only complained about the musical styles of the demos and not the actual sounds is probably a good indicator that it sounds very similar to the p6(5?) at a much lower price. The specs are great. If you can get over the looks, it seems like a bargain.

But when they said this is a “great first synth”… am I really gonna swallow my pride and buy something sequential markets as a beginner’s synth??

Did anyone else say this? Just realized it’s 5 keys short of a full 4 octaves. They had to “take 5” off lol

10 Likes

How is Chucks these days? Haven’t been there in 30 years. We used to say it was more like a deli than a music store.

1 Like

But they integrated the 5 keys back in the logo E so it should really be called 2 + 2 = 5 (it wouldn’t be so bad)

2 Likes

I love a 44 key synth.
Pro 2 has this as well. In use it feels like a 49, but the footprint is smaller enough to make a difference in tight spaces.

And they made it even smaller by putting the wheels above the keys, Mopho x4 style. :ok_hand:t3:

1 Like

SSI oscillators, filters, and amps. Pretty cool!

1 Like

IMO it sounded like a thousand other synths doing the same old dull presets

Zzzzzz

6 Likes

doesn’t sound like a p5 to me

Some folks would prefer the different filter, or additional onboard FX, or owning a new instrument instead of a used one.

3 Likes