Sequential Take 5 five voice poly

The bits starting around 6:00 and 8:00 sound good. Some other nice sounds there too. However, the problem with early/company demos and sound bites is often that they’re trying to show the synth can do just about every sound in the world. Easier to get to know a synth (from a distance) and its character when someone starts pushing it into a certain direction. So I’ll let some of you guys do the heavy lifting for me. :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t think that the VCO’s are the same as the P5, I believe those are CEM 3340.

3 Likes

I hope that video was not aimed at funk band keyboardist cause that music surely was not.

I have seldom felt so appropriately shallow as right now about the looks of a synth.
I wish they would have just copied the look of the p5, made it a p5 micro, even if it didn’t sound like one.

Looks awesome, and I have the pro 3! Not sure why they keep saying portable so much. It’s smaller but it’s not run off batteries or usb…

If it were portable, the cost would have been under 1k. It’s not a MicroFreak.

yeah, the portable angle seems like wishful thinking. please keep discussing all the potential negatives so i am not tempted.

2 Likes

Well, according to one opinion stated on this thread, Sequential is marketing this to funk keyboardists.

If you are not into funk, I guess that’s a potential negative for you - DO NOT BUY

3 Likes

I finally made it through all of them on this Soundcloud playlist. There are some nice ones in there. Even a couple nice bass patches that got my attention.

2 Likes

oddly enough, this is not helping, but thanks.

1 Like

I am now officially a funk keyboardist. I go by the name of Low-Split Mode.

6 Likes

Buy this synth and become a portable funk keyboardist.

5 Likes

planning to bring a small generator down to the playground to play the seinfeld theme song bass riff all day for the kids.

4 Likes

Maybe they’ll add a handle that will power it with batteries and make it easy to carry around

10 Likes

Ouch!

2 Likes

I’m into acid polka. Wrong style for Take 5.

Therefore, DO NOT WANT

2 Likes

What? No.

3 Likes

I’m into Sequential doing a release like this.

5 is such a good voice count for a poly. That filter, those FX, the clever kb split, the compact size. They will sell a lot of these.

I’d I didn’t have Pro 2 or Hydrasynth, i’d def pick one up, especially if they added chord mode.

10 Likes

We are Elektronauts. We will figure out a way for a piece of gear to match our musical style

5 Likes